The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#220485 - 10/03/14 07:27 PM Drugs that can cause leg cramps
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I just saw an article about 8 types of drugs that can cause leg cramps, and it immediately caught my interest. Mainly because I have a problem with leg cramps at night. Lately they have been major enough that they wake me up and then keep me from getting back to sleep. They start up with my glutes and progress down my leg all the way to the ankle.

I've tried a lot of things to alleviate the pain, including massage, walking, stretching exercises, etc. But the nuclear approach -- the big thing that works the best -- is something I hate to do in the middle of the night: simply taking a hot bath -- sitting in the tub and moving my legs until the cramp relaxes.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear about them. Meanwhile, here's the list of drugs that are known to cause leg cramps.

It looks to me like I am taking two of them.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220486 - 10/04/14 04:05 PM Re: Drugs that can cause leg cramps [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
That sounds painful, Anne! I've had calf cramps periodically, but they wake me up and then they're gone. I hope you find a better solution. Or even change some of your medications. You need your sleep.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#220487 - 10/04/14 06:41 PM Re: Drugs that can cause leg cramps [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Sorry to hear you're having leg cramps. Ever since I can remember, I've had leg aches. While still a toddler, I remember my adoptive mother rubbing my legs so I could sleep. It's a periodic thing. So I'm very sorry to know you're having such pain. When I was a kid, they said it was growing pains. But the pain didn't lessen with adulthood. I thank God it isn't a constant malady. Advil PM helps me.

#220494 - 10/07/14 04:20 PM Re: Drugs that can cause leg cramps [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Anne,
How are you doing now, regarding the pain in your knees?

#220497 - 10/08/14 06:29 PM Re: Drugs that can cause leg cramps [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi Jabber,

The pain in my knees is not going to get better on its own. I have had X-rays and been told that I need to consider knee replacement for both knees. Meanwhile, I periodically have cortisone shots. But the shots don't really stop the pain, IMHO.

Later this month I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. I see it as a fact-finding appointment. I hope he does, too.

I have done enough research to know that I'm not going to have both knees done at once.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220498 - 10/08/14 07:10 PM Re: Drugs that can cause leg cramps [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Hi Anne,
Sounds like you'll need lots of support from family and friends. My adoptive brother is having a hip replacement after football season is over. He operates all the aquatic equipment for the Buffalo Bills. I guess next spring, after the Superbowl, he'll have that done. A neighborhood lady had both knees done at once; she did okay. But I think you're wise in doing one at a time.
I've added you and Steve to my prayer list! Blessings...

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved