The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#220231 - 06/24/14 06:00 PM Musician Sting's Financial Message to His Kids
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I've been giving thought to the story that was recently published in which musician and social activist Sting and his wife Trudy have publicly announced to their adult children that there will be no vast inheritance for them on his death.

The point of the story seems to be that -- like that slogan we sometimes see that says something like, "I'm busy spending my kid's inheritance" -- Sting and Trudy have decided not to gift their children with millions in trust fund monies on their deaths.

Instead, they're spending their hard-earned money now, quite often on philanthropic efforts they care about.

As the article indicates, Sting says he values the fact that he's had to work hard for his money, and he thinks his children deserve the same opportunity.

Your thoughts?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#220232 - 06/25/14 01:22 AM Re: Musician Sting's Financial Message to His Kids [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
It sounds like his kids have done well for themselves. I don't think we as parents owe our kids the money we have earned. And hopefully we raised our kids not to expect an inheritance from us. It's nice if we have it and want to leave it to them, but many of us don't have anything to leave other than the principles and values we hopefully instilled in them as they were growing up.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#220234 - 06/25/14 06:32 PM Re: Musician Sting's Financial Message to His Kids [Re: yonuh]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Ruth, I'm with you. I noted Sting said that he and his wife Trudy would not REFUSE to help one of their children if there were extenuating circumstances. I think we'd all like to assist our families in an emergency, but I believe it is imperative we teach our children to be capable and self-sufficient.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved