The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#218994 - 05/24/13 06:14 PM Any "Downton" Watchers Here?
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I have recently started watching "Downton Abbey" via Amazon Prime. (The first two seasons are free right now, I am hoping season 3 will become free once season 4 starts up again on TV.)

While it's been years since the old "Upstairs Downstairs" series on PBS, this show certainly has some similarities. I've really been getting into it, so I'm curious as to whether anyone else here is a "Downton" fan.

Just read a post written by Dee Ernst, a friend of Sandy Nachlinger's, that any "Downton" fan will find interesting. It's titled "Behind Downton Abbey" and it's about the real life reason why, in the early 20th century, a lot of wealthy young American women looked to England for husbands. Check it out, you'll enjoy the read.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218995 - 05/25/13 03:07 PM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
We got hooked when I was home with Steve after his surgery and are now waiting for Season 4. I hated how they ended Season 3, but it did leave some interesting possibilities and lots of questions! Season 4 won't air until Jan or Feb next year. :-(
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#219018 - 06/01/13 10:10 PM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: yonuh]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
We love Downton Abbey!! grin I can't wait for season 4, which unfortunately may not be until Jan 2014.It seems PBS doesn't want to air it until then in the US. frown We have already watched season 1, 2, and 3 twice already. We decided we might need to watch again before season 4 starts to refresh our old memories,lol.

Years ago, I watched the original, Upstairs Downstairs series, and enjoyed that very much also. But...I really didn't like the new series and cast members of Upstairs very well at all. I thought it ended oddly too.

#219019 - 06/02/13 04:18 AM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Cookie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Both myself and my husband are hooked. In fact, the past few days have been "Downton Abbey" marathons at our house. Watched all of season 1 and 2, approx 3 episodes a day! Next, season 3 which was where we started.

Glad to now have background of it all.

Ready for season 4 to start NOW!!

#219021 - 06/02/13 04:12 PM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Di]
Boomer in Chief

Steve and I have just recently completed seasons 1 and 2. We'll probably launch season 3 tonight. I feel so "decadent," Di, when we watch 2 or 3 episodes in one night. It's very satisfying to watch in big chunks like that -- and I imagine the people who has to watch each episode as it first aired -- and wait a week or two in between must have been so frustrated by that.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#219022 - 06/02/13 09:15 PM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Di Offline

Yes, eager and sitting on the edge of our seat! Almost like when we all watched Dallas in the 70's!

#219023 - 06/02/13 11:10 PM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Di]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I never enjoyed 'Upstairs, Downstairs' and I don't even remember why. But Downton Abbey pulled me in with the first episode. We'll probably watch the first 3 seasons again right before season 4 starts so we'll not forget what's happening.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#219025 - 06/02/13 11:23 PM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: yonuh]
Boomer in Chief

Sounds like a plan - so much seems to happen in each episode. There are so many subplots in play...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#219026 - 06/02/13 11:58 PM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Di Offline

Oh yes there are, Anne! They seem so "real" yet so filthy rich!!

#219027 - 06/03/13 12:48 AM Re: Any "Downton" Watchers Here? [Re: Di]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I read that the actress who played Miss O'Brien won't be coming back in season 4 also. I really hated it when sybill died frown She was such a sweet girl. But just like the actor who played matthew, they were getting alot of offers to do movies now, and wanted to explore them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved