The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#218963 - 05/09/13 09:17 PM "Chopped" - for Grandmas
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Heads UP! I just received an invitation from the Food Network. Specifically from a producer for the Ted Allen show, "Chopped."

She said they are looking to cast a number of shows featuring "grandmas" instead of professional chefs.

Specifically, she said they are casting an episode that will feature GRANDMAS from all walks of life who have great stories, love spending time with their grandchildren and have a passion for cooking.

You need not have professional culinary experience to qualify, but you do need to live in the NY, CT, NJ LA, Nashville, DC, Boston and Philadelphia areas.

DRAT! I'm not a grandma, and I don't live in those areas. I'd LOVE to meet Ted Allen and test my culinary chops!

Anyway, she is sending me more info on how to apply, but I thought I'd get the word out as early as possible. by the way, I think tonight's episode features "regular moms," so this must be some new wrinkle they are testing out...

Meanwhile, here's an interview with Ted Allen in which he reveals some of how the show is shot. Apparently each episode takes 12 real time hours to shoot...

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218971 - 05/12/13 12:50 AM Re: "Chopped" - for Grandmas [Re: Anne Holmes]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I think you would have been great on tv, Anne. Something tells me so strongly you would give a wonderful presence.

Do you have any grand-nieces? laugh

Frankly it's not fair that show indicates one must have had children to qualify.. Less women are having children. Some of these women do carry on the culinary traditions of their roots...

Edited by orchid (05/12/13 01:04 AM)

#218973 - 05/12/13 05:42 AM Re: "Chopped" - for Grandmas [Re: orchid]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi Orchid,

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I think being on the show could be fun -- I enjoy creating dishes from what I find in my pantry - though I don't usually incorporate the "odd stuff" this show tends to enjoy bringing in to up the stress levels.

But no, none of my sibs have grandchildren. Though I think one of Steve's nieces has a granddaughter.

That won't help me though, as I don't live in one of the three geographic areas they're focusing on for this season.

Good thought, though!!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved