The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#218707 - 03/09/13 05:11 AM I'm a newbie
sneaux beaux Offline

Loc: Texas
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm sneaux beaux (named after one of my cats). Just looking for a place to talk about things that have been on my mind. I have 3 grown kids and 2 grandkids. I also have 7 cats who all have Cajun names. I'm originally from New Orleans and miss just chatting about any old thing with other women. I hope to find some interesting topics to discuss here.

#218709 - 03/10/13 01:38 AM Re: I'm a newbie [Re: sneaux beaux]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Welcome sneaux beaux! Would love to hear the names of your other cats. I miss New Orleans; I lived there off and on for a number of years. Was able to visit for a conference before Katrina and took my partner who had never been there. I'd move back in a heartbeat if I could. :-)
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#218710 - 03/10/13 07:37 PM Re: I'm a newbie [Re: yonuh]
sneaux beaux Offline

Loc: Texas
That's awesome that you lived there. Yeah, I miss back home also. I'm glad you got to see it before Katrina. I go there pretty often. The city is mostly built back, but the outlaying areas never really came back. St. Bernard, Lakeview and the 9th Ward are still pretty messed up. The streets are really bad. But hey, it's home. I love visiting and I think I would move back for a little while, but the first hurricane evacuation will remind me why I live in dry old Texas. It's great to go as a tourist though. I'm sure it's very different than Arizona. smile Now it must be really hot over there.

My cats' names are Boudreaux, Gumbeaux, SneauxBeau, GeauxFur, Gator, Tabideaux, and SkippyJon. I used to have YeauxYeaux, Achoux, RouxMiceter, DeauxNut and Lagniappe. The vet tries to spell them phonetically in her records so she knows how to pronounce them.

#218714 - 03/11/13 08:13 PM Re: I'm a newbie [Re: sneaux beaux]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Welcome, sneauxbeaux...
Those are some awesome cat names. I'm a farmer's daughter so animals are my favorite subjects. Glad you're posting at boomer women. Looking forward to reading more about you.

#218716 - 03/12/13 12:46 AM Re: I'm a newbie [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
The first time I lived in New Orleans was in 1970 when I went to work at Touro Infirmary. :-) And it didn't take me long to get the pronunciation right. :-) I'm still a Saints fan and an LSU fan as are both of my sons. Geaux Tigers and Who Dat!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#219241 - 07/19/13 11:16 PM Re: I'm a newbie [Re: Laura Castillo]
Laura Castillo Offline

Loc: California
Hello I'm Laura and new to this forum. I love that you love animals. I just came from Arizona and now live in San Diego. I was taking care of my mother and she had 6 cats and 2 dogs- I fell in love with them all. Scout was part german shephard and White Dog was deaf.I grew up there on a ranch and I miss the quiet in the desert and the starry nights.I've only been to New Orleans once, but loved it!

Edited by Laura Castillo (07/19/13 11:18 PM)
Edit Reason: signature wasn't attached
www.lauracastillo.nerium.com
lauracastillo6043@yahoo.com

#219245 - 07/20/13 03:50 PM Re: I'm a newbie [Re: Laura Castillo]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Welcome to the forums, Laura. Raised on a Holstein dairy farm, I owned a western riding horse; took cattle to the county fair; and belonged to the 4-H. All that good stuff. We always had plenty of barn cats. Loved finding the newborn litters up in the haymow. These are among my favorite childhood memories!!!

#219246 - 07/20/13 07:34 PM Re: I'm a newbie [Re: jabber]
Laura Castillo Offline

Loc: California
I can relate to everything you're saying....western horse, kittens and puppies born in the strangest places..:-)

Sometimes in the city I remember all the good stuff about country life. I agree, some of my favorite memories too!
www.lauracastillo.nerium.com
lauracastillo6043@yahoo.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved