The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 77 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#218681 - 02/27/13 03:20 AM New blog post!
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
Good evening Ladies,
Just wanted to let you know that I have a new blog post up. I love it if you'd take a look. Widowhood Is Not Funny
I'm still offering the free book called "A Widow's Walk" to anyone who purchases a copy of "Widowhood Is Not Funny."

Alanna

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#218692 - 03/03/13 03:28 AM Re: New blog post! [Re: copygal]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Great post, Alanna, The anniversary is a good time to reflect, and I'm delighted you can count so many accomplishments. Thanks for sharing your post.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218800 - 04/02/13 07:50 PM Re: New blog post! [Re: Anne Holmes]
copygal Offline

It's been quite an adventure so far. Can't wait to see what happens next. Scary & thrilling at the same time.

#218806 - 04/03/13 04:44 PM Re: New blog post! [Re: copygal]
Boomer in Chief

Copygal, we're here for you, and ready to "hold your hand in support as you fly off on your new endeavors.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218911 - 04/23/13 03:36 PM Re: New blog post! [Re: Anne Holmes]
copygal Offline

Thanks, Anne-you Boomer Gals are the best!

#218917 - 04/25/13 12:27 AM Re: New blog post! [Re: copygal]
Calypso101 Offline

Loc: California
Hi there,

As a fellow widow, I certainly agree, it's not funny. When you are married you feel like you could take on all the problems of the world and be just fine because you've got your mate as your back up, but when you have to go it alone, it's a whole different ball game. Hi by the way, I am new here..

#218919 - 04/25/13 04:42 PM Re: New blog post! [Re: Calypso101]
Boomer in Chief

Welcome Calypso 101, We're delighted you've joined us. Hope to hear more from you!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218930 - 04/27/13 07:00 PM Re: New blog post! [Re: Anne Holmes]
Calypso101 Offline

Loc: California
Thank you very much smirk

#219009 - 05/29/13 03:57 PM Re: New blog post! [Re: Calypso101]
copygal Offline

Hi Calypso,
Yep, that's how I felt too. My worst fear was my husband dying & leaving me all alone...& then it happened. But, I survived! It's not easy to learn how to live alone, I'd never lived alone, ever, went straight from my parents to my husband. You never know how strong you are until strength is your only choice.
Welcome to the Boomer site; the gals here have helped me so much the last few years.

Hope you'll take a look at my blog, new post today.

#219011 - 05/29/13 07:52 PM Re: New blog post! [Re: copygal]
Boomer in Chief

Thanks for those thoughts, Copygal.

I know what you mean about how sheltered a person can be, going straight from living with parents to living with a spouse.

I did that too. I did live in a sorority house one year while I was in college, but that wasn't much different from living at home -- in that there was always food on the table at mealtime, people to talk to whenever you needed to talk, and plenty of activities to choose from.

I got married the first time while still in college, so I hadn't yet had the time to be on my own, and totally responsible for myself.

After I got divorced, I realized that I needed to gain this experience, so I made a plan to live alone for at least five years before marrying again. And I did.

Now I know that, should I become widowed, at least in my grief I will have the confidence of knowing that I CAN live alone. And i believe that would be a comfort during my grief.

I think all people would benefit from having to spend some time living alone. Just so you know you have the experience.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved