The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#218237 - 12/04/12 08:58 PM 2012 flu season has begun
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I generally get a flu shot, but I haven't done it yet this year.

I heard on my morning news that the flue season for 2012 has begun, but that it is not too late to get a flu shot.

Here are some details from NBC News.

How about you? Do you believe in flu shots, or not?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218238 - 12/04/12 11:31 PM Re: 2012 flu season has begun [Re: Anne Holmes]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Not gotten one in years. I consider them germ warfare! We don't REALLY know what's in those shots!

We are outdoors a lot, and home the rest. We don't go to many indoor places that are incubators for germs. NO MORe movie theaters for us!

Edited by Di (12/05/12 02:45 AM)

#218239 - 12/05/12 12:32 AM Re: 2012 flu season has begun [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Don't believe in shots of any kind. Don't believe in doctors either. Might get sick once in a while but so do the folks who get the shots and run to the doctors on a regular basis.

#218242 - 12/06/12 05:08 PM Re: 2012 flu season has begun [Re: Anne Holmes]
Ellemm Offline

I get a pneumonia shot. I know the flu is a respiratory illness, but my history with pneumonia and bronchitis makes this the choice for me.

Generally, I am fine and do not rush to get medicines. But there's no doubt my lungs have been weakened. When I'm fine I'm fine and when I'm not I'm barely able to get out of bed, so I try to be careful.

#218265 - 12/09/12 08:10 PM Re: 2012 flu season has begun [Re: Ellemm]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I`ve been getting the flu shot every year for many years now. I used to get the flu every year and would be terribly sick with it, to the point where one year it hung on for about 3 months. The doctor insisted I get the flu shot that fall, and then the next, and so on, and I have never had the flu again since. I`ve had two severe bronchial infections, one of which almost did me in, but that probably came from nearly drowning and swallowing too much salt water. The other one hit me on the flight home from China in November (many others in our tour group came home very sick, 3 with full-blown pneumonia). Other than that, I`ve been so much healthier since getting the flu shot every fall that I wouldn`t even consider going without it now.

(Maya Angelou)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved