The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#218070 - 10/31/12 02:05 PM New talk show...
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Do any of U watch "Katie" on ABC weekday afternoons? Saw the last half of her show yesterday. The subject matter is fascinating to me. A lady doctor, a young boy, and a teenage
female artist, painter, claim to have seen proof of Heaven. And Katie questioned them about what observed. I believe in Heaven. Do you?

#218071 - 10/31/12 02:46 PM Re: New talk show... [Re: jabber]
Marsha Roberts Offline

Loc: Tennessee
Yes ma'am, Jabber, I sure DO believe in heaven! In my youth I was a nurse. I was initially an operating room nurse in open heart surgery and then I worked several years in the ICU. I saw things as a nurse in those situations that solidified my faith. I believe in angels, miracles and an abundant afterlife. Since that time, I've had countless experiences that have confirmed my faith. Blessings to all on this beautiful fall day and our prayers continue to go to those who have been so affected by Sandy - may they see miracle after miracle in the coming days.
Blog: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6037984.Marsha_Roberts/blog

#218075 - 10/31/12 05:35 PM Re: New talk show... [Re: Marsha Roberts]
jabber Offline

I second that motion: May victims of Hurricane Sandy see
miracle after miracle, day after day!

#218076 - 10/31/12 06:48 PM Re: New talk show... [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I don't watch the new Katie Couric show, but I have read the book, "Heaven is for Real," which is about Colton Burpo's near death experience, and how he told his parents that while hospitalized, he'd been to heaven.

I am a total believer in miracles and heaven.

I am not surprised that Marcia says she saw miracles when she was an OR nurse. I have talked to many nurses and docs who have also told me that they not only believe in -- but have experienced -- medical miracles.

One story was from an orthopedic surgeon. My recollection of his story is that he actually saw a leg bone grow longer.

IMHO, it's hard not to believe, when scientifically trained people keep reporting things they've seen which have no scientific or medical explanation.

And I know that when my first husband was diagnosed with cancer, his doctor gave him a book -- wish I could remember which one -- and urged him to read it. It was a book about the importance in believing in the power of prayer and in miracles.

My first husband was a totally lapsed Roman Catholic, and I have no idea whether or not he ever read the book. (But I do know he did not experience any sort of miracle relapse of his cancer.)

Medically, I am all for believing in miracles, but I would not ever choose to suspend all medical treatment in favor of just standing by and waiting for a miracle cure. I figure God can always use earthly help.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#218079 - 10/31/12 10:17 PM Re: New talk show... [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I think it is so neat when science agrees with faith-based teaching. Love that!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved