The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#217651 - 08/03/12 04:07 PM orange...?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
How do U like the summer's fav color, orange! IMHO love it!

#217652 - 08/03/12 04:39 PM Re: orange...? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I love orange, used to wear orange a lot in the 60s and 70s. I particularly remember an orange formal I made and wore to a big spring dance in college.

Right now I'm limited to about 3 different orange T shirts, however. (Different colors of orange, and different necklines.)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217654 - 08/03/12 11:51 PM Re: orange...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Orange is not a color I can wear - it clashes with my red hair. But there are some shades of apricot or salmon, if they're more pastel, that I can wear. I don't pay much attention to what's 'in' as far as color. I know what colors look good on me, so I stick to those, regardless of what's in style. Some women can carry off orange, but I can't. I do like the color and have a shade of orange on the walls in our home office. I like bright colors, both to wear and in our home.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#217655 - 08/04/12 04:27 AM Re: orange...? [Re: yonuh]
Boomer in Chief

An orange wall on a house in Arizona must be beautiful!

And I agree with you with regard to knowing what colors look good and sicking with them: my three orange t-shirts all date from several years ago. I bought 'em because it's a good color on me. As is red and pink.

I hardly ever buy clothes anymore. which is sort of sad, considering what a clothes horse I used to be. But currently I don't need any new summer clothes. Come winter, I will have to replace a few sweaters which have become too worn to wear in public.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217657 - 08/04/12 11:01 AM Re: orange...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I love orange. It's my favourite colour and (apparently) looks good on me. So over the past two summers, while orange is "in", I've been snapping up as many tops, capris and shorts in orange as I can, for fear of the day when we won't see it in the stores anymore. I LOVE opening up my closet and seeing all that orange in there...various shades...peach, coral, rust, spice, but my fave is actual orange. Wearing orange is one of my many ways of managing my low-grade depression (which I have to say I don't feel I suffer from anymore). Orange makes me feel happy, joyful, motivated - as if I can do anything.

I've had to give a few older pieces of clothing away to make room for all the orange stuff, but we usually give so much away in Cuba every year that it does regularly clear out space for new stuff.

Edited by Eagle Heart (08/04/12 11:02 AM)

(Maya Angelou)

#217658 - 08/04/12 11:03 AM Re: orange...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Went to Stein Mart a while back and many racks had orange items displayed. It's huge. We have a car dealer here that does his own commercials and uses the word "HUGE" as a signature blurb.
So thought I'd follow his example and emphasize "HUGE"!!! LOL...

#217673 - 08/06/12 07:40 PM Re: orange...? [Re: jabber]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I can wear burnt orange... and some other shades. I love it!

#217738 - 08/22/12 01:53 AM Re: orange...? [Re: Di]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I do have 2 tangerine orange tops with a bit of white accent....for cycling. They are worn because they greet the sun/clouds and drivers when I bike!

I can wear orange....I have black hair. Bright, clear, jewel-like colours still flatter me...not greys.

Edited by orchid (08/22/12 01:54 AM)

#217740 - 08/22/12 02:45 PM Re: orange...? [Re: orchid]
Boomer in Chief

Sounds perfect, Orchid. I noticed the Ragbrai bikers were often pictured in sort of lime green T-shirts. Once we picked up Zach, I discovered these were shirts issued to the Ragbrai riders and they bore some message on them asking auto drivers to give them space...On the front of the shirts the message was printed in reverse - so as to be read properly from a rear view mirror! LOL - if I driver were close enough to have been able to read those shirts, I think it would have been too late!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved