The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#217395 - 06/21/12 10:16 PM Re: Please Pray for Lady Jane [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Jane...I am so sorry to hear about this...please know that we are praying for you daily and carrying you in my heart. You are such a sweet lady who always makes me smile with your stories and pictures. Hang in there and if you ever need anything let me know. Love you dear friend. XOXOXOXO

#217399 - 06/22/12 06:41 PM Re: Please Pray for Lady Jane [Re: Dee]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Lady Jane and everyone here, I hope the prayers that have been sent out on your behalf are buoying your spirit and that you are feeling strong today.

The other day, I was talking to my mother about her cancer and the power of prayer, and I realized that what I toldher was worth sharing here:

Specifically, I was telling her that I am glad so many people are praying for her cancer to be cured -- and I reminded her that I thought it was possible that this could happen. She is a spiritual woman, so of course she believed me.

But I went on to tell her that I had first heard wonderful things about the power of prayer in healing people at a spiritual retreat I had attended quite some time ago. One of the women there was the wife of a surgeon, and she shared many stories of healing miracles her husband has actually witnessed.

I thought of this again today, when I found this article from National Public Radio.
It's not a new article, but it bears repeating.

According to the article, scientists are starting to make attempts to understand spiritual experience — and what happens in the brains and bodies of people who believe they connect with the divine.

The field is called "neurotheology," and although it is fairly new, it's drawing prominent researchers in the U.S. and Canada.

Scientists have found that the brains of people who spend untold hours in prayer and meditation are different. Isn't that exciting?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217400 - 06/22/12 06:47 PM Re: Please Pray for Lady Jane [Re: Anne Holmes]
Boomer in Chief

There's more: don't miss this NPR story that asks whether positive thoughts can help heal another person...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217402 - 06/23/12 12:13 AM Re: Please Pray for Lady Jane [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Joyce Meyer's, "Battlefield of the Mind" is along these line you're discussing, Anne. You can train your thoughts to be
positive and focus on God! There's power in the blood! Power, Power, wonder-working POWER in the precious blood of the Lamb!

Honestly, I do not know how anyone gets through this world without believing in God: God the Father; God the Son; and God the Holy Spirit. If not for God, I wouldn't be writing this.
Belief in the hereafter, brings hope. Without hope, we're all lost!

#217404 - 06/23/12 12:23 AM Re: Please Pray for Lady Jane [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I agree that a positive attitude can work wonders; I'm proof of that! Since I have been keeping my Gratitude Journal blog, my attitude has improved even more. I truly believe that if you focus on the positive, and on what you want, that's what you get. But if you focus on what you don't want, or on negatives, that's what you get, too. It's difficult to change one's mindset, but it can be done.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#217406 - 06/23/12 03:21 AM Re: Please Pray for Lady Jane [Re: yonuh]
Boomer in Chief

I keep working on the mindset, too, Yonuh and Jabber. It's so important to learn how to phrase things positively.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217407 - 06/23/12 11:30 AM Re: Please Pray for Lady Jane [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
How is your mom, Anne? We'll keep her in our prayers, too!!!!

God please heal Anne Holme's Mother and Lady Jane!

#217410 - 06/23/12 06:32 PM Re: Please Pray for Lady Jane [Re: jabber]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
NPR .. there has been a tv documentary about this scientific study that is going on in several countries around the world .. France is one, Japan is another, I think, and then the US. There may be more countries involved .. I donīt know.England also, right? It IS very exciting and gives hope to us all on all sorts of levels, I think.

#217417 - 06/24/12 01:58 AM Re: Please Pray for Lady Jane [Re: humlan]
Boomer in Chief

Thanks for asking about my Mom, Jabber.

She's still in the hospital, hoping to get out Monday afternoon. My brother has gone to visit her. Which spells my step-father so he isn't the only one visiting her.

I appreciate the prayers for her.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#217854 - 09/23/12 01:33 AM Re: Please Pray for Lady Jane [Re: Anne Holmes]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
How is Lady Jane now? I'm not Facebook, so I don't know.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved