The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#2214 - 05/24/05 08:03 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Wow, I've been busy lately and not reading as much as I used to, good detective work Chatty!

#2215 - 05/24/05 11:15 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ladies, I deleted him from the forums. Please see forum announcements.

#2216 - 05/25/05 06:23 AM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dotsie I know you can't be everywhere and hope you don't mind me helping, I think I'm helping. [Cool] I definitely have a sixth sense about deceit from my law enforcement days and then theres the phone sex, men talk and think different from women and after the thousands I've talked to I can spot one a mile away usually. Glad he's gone!!! [Cool]

#2217 - 06/03/05 11:12 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
OK, I'm going to go back to an earlier comment in this thread. "How many of us would confront our husbands to tell him to leave a girl thing if it might mean the end of the relationship."

She wasn't married to the guy. And even if she was, there is nothing wrong with spending time with same sex friends.

I'd bet money that if the man in question had a guy's getaway planned, he would not in his wildest dreams consider taking his girlfriend along.

And if he would leave a relationship over not being included in such an outing, good riddance. Better to find out early on that he's a selfish person.

Whirlwind

#2218 - 06/05/05 06:45 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Depends what's going on with the friend that's a girl. Is the guy being honest?

#2219 - 06/05/05 08:10 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm with Dotsie on this one. I have male friends and then, I have male friends. There are some that I know are just waiting for me to tell them I'd like it to be more than friendship. You can always tell. I have many that would dump me if I even suggested such a thing. A man knows the same thing.

#2220 - 06/05/05 11:22 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Whirlwind Offline

Maybe I missed something here. What I meant was, there was nothing wrong with the woman going on a "girls trip" to spend time with her women friends.

And I'll bet that if the guy had plans to spend time with his male friends (for example, to go see an out of town football game, or on a golf trip), it would be doubtful that he would agree to take her along if she was going to be the only female.

Dynamics are different when outings are all female, all male, or mixed.

It sounded like the writer was disappointed that the man came along because the woman who brought him went off the deep end trying to please him and the whole purpose of the trip (girl time) was destroyed.

My ex brother in law gave just such an example a couple of weeks ago. He and one of his younger brothers went to Florida on a "guys fishing trip." Now, they do this every spring, it is a long-standing tradition in the family for the brothers . They stay in a camper in a campground and fish every day. Two days into the five day into the trip, the younger brother's wife showed up, with the two small children in tow. Said she was bored and missed him. There was no more fishing that trip because the wife had to get a hotel room (camper too small for everyone). Then the main focus of the trip changed from fishing to keeping the kids entertained, going to the beach, going to the putt putt golf course, going out to eat, etc.

I for one love the time I spend with my girlfriends. Just to talk about the latest books we're reading, what "chick flicks" we've seen, work concerns, etc.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Whirlwind

#2221 - 06/06/05 07:35 AM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Hi Ladies

I'm no expert on dating...haven't dated in about 16 years. Too immersed in living a journey and finding my purpose...but I thought about it...one day when the future brought to me a healthy body...what it would be like...

I came to the conclusion that I have fallen in love with life...having had to face the fear of death for over a decade. I have found that the greatest adventure is the journey...within....its mind blowing...heart wrenching beauty moves with the wind and the light...forever bringing one forward into new knowledge, new insights and the final understanding of the heart!

In this place the beauty of life sees all....and in the love and only in the love do we find ourselves and the heart of a man and his light and soul...and until the man becomes his own light, his own beauty....the idea of dating never crossed my mind.

For the journey brings the truth, the beauty and the man....and the knowledge of his soul, his light and the love.

For in that truth all is revealed...and the joy of life bursts forth in the knowing and the living of the depths of the heart that remembers....real love!

With love
Leigha

#2222 - 06/06/05 06:14 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Whirlwind. Gotcha. Don't mind me. Now I get it. I totally agree. What a bummer for the change in focus in their annual trip. Didn't the wife understand that would happen when she arrived. What was she thinking? Did everyone leave on good terms?

#2223 - 06/06/05 09:39 PM Re: Woman dating in their 50's
Whirlwind Offline

The wife was probably miffed at him for going on the trip in the first place, so that was her way of "getting even." Even though she spends LOTS of "girl time" with her sister.

The guys were disappointed, but of course they made the best of it. That's what families are supposed to do, make lemonade when things go sour.

The family joke now is next year, they aren't going to tell any of the wives where they are going. They'll keep their cellphones on, but the destination is a secret.

LOL!

Whirlwind

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved