The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#216877 - 04/05/12 10:06 PM Sad News From Dotsie RE: Chatty
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Ladies,

It is with sad heart that I share a message I just received from Dotsie. So far, I have been unable to verify it via any online obituaries or other sources. However, given that the news came from Dots, I expect it IS true.

Quote:
Dear Anne,

I don't know that you've heard this yet, but I got a very sad call today form Chatty's ex-husband.

I can't believe this, but she died in her sleep on Sunday, April 1st.

I don't know when she was last in the forums, but if she hasn't been there, this certainly explains why.

Earl said she wanted to be cremated without a service so Earl and her son are granting her wishes. He spoke of how sad her family and friends are, of her mother and aunts, who all loved her dearly.

Sorry to be the one to send this news. I am truly saddened. She was a gift to BWS. Feel free to ask questions and if I have any answers I will gladly give them. Hoping you will share this in the forum community.
--
Blessings,
Dotsie

As I said, I have tried to contact Dotsie for additional information and looked extensively online for confirmation, to no avail.

I would love it if Chatty were to pop into the forum on reading this and quote that famous line attributed to Mark Twain: "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

Meanwhile, in tribute, I share with all of you a link to a Blog Talk Radio show call that Chatty did with a host called Jeff Miller.

She did this call April 25, 2008, and in the call she talks about her life as an editor, her work in the soft p orn industry, which Georgia had warned me about when I first got to know the forum -- and her love for her friends at Boomer Women Speak. Hopefully those of you who knew and loved Chatty will enjoy listening to the call.

So long chatty! We will miss you!

PS If you want to send condolences to Earl or Chatty's son, David, here is the address:

Earl Scott
6420 E Tropicana Ave. #236
Las Vegas, NV 89122-7531
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216878 - 04/05/12 10:12 PM Re: Sad News From Dotsie RE: Chatty [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anne,
I'm heartbroken! I knew something was wrong; I tried contacting her on both facebook and in PM's on here recently. No answer. I thought perhaps she was busy filling orders, like at Christmastime. This knocks the wind out of me! I feel weak! I still have the angel she made for Christmas a couple years ago; it's hanging in my kitchen. I'm sad beyond words.

#216879 - 04/05/12 10:57 PM Re: Sad News From Dotsie RE: Chatty [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Me too, Jabber, I hadn't been able to reach her, and decided not to worry - figured she was busy crocheting again...

I am sad, but as much as I did not want to upload this information to the forum without additional proof, I felt I could trust Dotsie's information. I mean, who would be malicious enough to call her with falsified news of this type?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216880 - 04/05/12 11:03 PM Re: Sad News From Dotsie RE: Chatty [Re: Anne Holmes]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Her last post was March 30 about the ground beef. I am in shock also. Oh Chatty...........

I'll look up an obit.

#216881 - 04/05/12 11:10 PM Re: Sad News From Dotsie RE: Chatty [Re: Di]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Interesting, I always use the round afghan that Chatty made for me a few years ago and just thought the other night that I need to let her know how much I love it!

She was also a devoted New Mexico Soap customer/user.

Oh my...... we all have a wish/hope to "go" in our sleep. That is what she did indeed.

#216882 - 04/06/12 12:04 AM Re: Sad News From Dotsie RE: Chatty [Re: Di]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chatty will be missed greatly. She was so much a part of the soul of BWS. There were times that she absolutely drove me up a wall but then there were times that this woman would put her arms around me and comfort me like no other. I too have the Angel she made and now she's an Angel and can wrap her comforting arms around us all. I hope you will continue to guide me as you watch down from Heaven...this is so sad...so very sad.

#216887 - 04/06/12 12:52 AM Re: Sad News From Dotsie RE: Chatty [Re: Dee]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Oh, no! This is so sad. But I'm glad she went in her sleep peacefully. She will definitely be missed here and on FB and Twitter. She and I had our differences, and disagreed on many things, but she was always there for me and anyone else who needed her.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#216888 - 04/06/12 01:22 AM Re: Sad News From Dotsie RE: Chatty [Re: yonuh]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm so sad to hear this news. Chatty was always there for me throughout my years of angst and searching. She sent me cards, funny emails and loving caring PM's to let me know how much she cared and prayed for me. She was such a generous hearted woman...she even sent a care package to my brother when he was going through his chemo...my brother couldn't believe that a total stranger would do such a kind thing as that.

I too still have my little white angel, it sits on my dresser where I see it every day. Now it will be a reminder of a kind woman who touched and blessed my life so richly over the past 7 years. Thank you Charleen. xoxo

(Maya Angelou)

#216889 - 04/06/12 01:47 AM Re: Sad News From Dotsie RE: Chatty [Re: Di]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Still in shock. I knew she had some health problems but never thought they were serious. Bless her heart, she was a great lady. So talented and funny. I'm sure she's in a far better place but, my goodness, we'll miss her so.

Blessings dear Chatty! BWS won't be the same without you.
www.tidedancer.com

#216892 - 04/06/12 03:03 PM Re: Sad News From Dotsie RE: Chatty [Re: Sandpiper]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Yes, BWS will not be the same without our Chatty. If no one responded to a post, Chatty did...She hardly ever left one unanswered, and always made every member feel like they are listented to. She will be so missed!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved