The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#179078 - 04/03/09 01:35 AM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: celtic_flame]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I'm taking an online course in bulding a website/blog with WordPress. It's a new technology skill set for me and I hope to go live in another month.

This will set me free from my webmaster who is now charging $90/hour, which is clearly out of my league since I lost my job in January. It's much more interesting than I thought it would be and like learning a new language.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#180185 - 04/14/09 10:10 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: Saundra]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
When do you think you can reveal your new website with the application of the blogging software?

#203811 - 05/24/10 03:55 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: Edelweiss3]
jakkom Offline

Loc: SF Bay Area, CA
My DH just retired so we are doing some traveling. Have always been 'cocooners' so this is a change for us. Several trips have been with Exploritas (formerly Elderhostel) and we highly recommend them. It's a wonderful way to tour with various experts helping you understand the history and details of what you're seeing. These were all nice big rooms with private bath in comfortable hotels, meals included (hotel dining, catered, or mid-price restaurants), interesting & energetic fellow travelers. Lots of art/culture and natural history/biology, so we got 'just right' doses of learning along with the sightseeing.

We also have several of the "Great Courses" DVDs (you can get audio tapes if preferred), which go on sale periodically from The Teaching Company. Intense, interesting lectures on a wide variety of subjects by professors chosen for their scholarship and communicative skills. Their website is: http://www.teach12.com/teach12.aspx?ai=16281

I'm working on a blog, but haven't published it yet. Still figuring out some of organizational aspects of working HTML. I do informal restaurant reviews which I e-mail to my friends, as we're foodies and go out quite often. Living where we do, in the SF Bay Area, you could eat out twice a day for the rest of your life and never repeat the same restaurant! A blog will keep it all in one place where it'll be easier to access the 'winners vs losers'.

#203812 - 05/24/10 03:58 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: jakkom]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Be sure and put your blog in your signature line when you get it up and running. Sounds interesting!

#204739 - 06/16/10 08:46 AM School Days... [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If it were possible I think I might love to go to college again and take some different courses. I think school would be twice as mich fun for us now, what do you gals think?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#204749 - 06/16/10 01:23 PM Re: School Days... [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Yes, or I would get in a good afternoon nap.

#205665 - 07/10/10 11:56 PM Re: School Days... [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I have been rethinking this question and decided I would NOT like going back to school. With my temperment now, thinking most young people are idiots or brainless rabble, I would probably end up in confrintations all too aften. My temper and patience have grown as old and unaccepting of stupidity and misbehavior as I have.
Been there, done that, have the T-shirt, buying the hat!!!

#216548 - 03/01/12 12:19 AM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: Edelweiss3]
JujuB Offline

Hi Everyone. First time here. Haven't done chat rooming in years. Just thought I might try it again. Not even sure if I am doing this right.

#216550 - 03/01/12 03:43 AM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: JujuB]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi JujuB,

Welcome to the BWS Forum. We're glad you found us. I don't think we're exactly like a chat room, but the concept is similar.

We only have two major rules. They are:

1) Be thoughtful in your response to someone's post. Use the Golden Rule and you can't go wrong. If a problem ever arises, please email me at anne@boomerwomenspeak.com or send me a PM (private message) via the forum, and let us know of the problem. We will take the action that we feel is in the best interest of the ALL members.

and

2) NO ADVERTISING or PROMOTION in the forums unless you are a Gold Level (paying) member of the National Association of Baby Boomer Women NABBW and have a forum track record of strong participation and providing good, non-commercial content.

If you attempt to advertise via the content of your posts and you are not a member, we will ask you to kindly remove the promotional content. Should there be a second offense, we will simply delete your post without notice.

If you want to buy an advertisement on the BWS homepage, you may do so. Just email me at anne@boomerwomenspeak.com and I will discuss the options and give you the rates.

Should you need our assistance, just drop me a line. I or my staff will be happy to help you.

In conclusion I want to thank all of our wonderful forum members for adhering to these rules. Although this is - at the moment - a free forum, it does require money to run/maintain it, and the money generated from ads helps cover our expenses.

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216769 - 03/28/12 01:19 AM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Are you considering charging for us to belong to this forum? So far FREE seems to be working fine especially when so many forums are no charge...

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved