The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#177200 - 03/15/09 11:12 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Most of my students are on their first dance lesson and they are really something. They are up and up lifted when leaving. They are doing their homework as dance has homework as any lesson does. I'm enjoying their waking up in their body to music. It's really an experience that would take a long time to explain.

It's really heart warming to teach anyone to be comfortable physically with music.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#177240 - 03/16/09 10:39 AM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: orchid]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i got one letter saying not got place but your on waiting list if someone offered dose't take it.

good but not good enough.
it can knowck the confidense but thes types of interviews are common for thos types of positions, I also had an essay to write, hand writte and thats bound to go agenst me.

not for this but in past i been given a presentasion topic 30 minets to prefaire then had to go present it. not fun but how it workes again at this level.

i a bit mad as their was no option for video confrinseing and its cost about £500.00 for cloths flights and stay for the interview period which is a lot of cash at the moment. So thats annoying me but had to be done.

if i too relocate to london or if i gonna go i fustrated as to how to get a job their while in london, video or call interviews aint an option yet as far as my enquiress have gone.

i rembered you preparing for interview and then heer ing you din't get it but din't o into details, pretie crappie too, so i know your talking from self as well when you say don't let it knock your confidense all i can say is yes too you too and hope your not worrieng too much about ecconomics and jobs either at this time.

enjoy your free time and biking while you can. good luck for next time.

#177241 - 03/16/09 10:40 AM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: dancer9]
celtic_flame Offline

good to know its going well dancer

#177251 - 03/16/09 12:28 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
orchid, I didn't realize the job didn't work out. Make the most of your free time because Im sure you'll be back to work before you know it.

Thanks for that first link. I love the questions posed on that first page. Wow, lots to think about.

chick, how's the site going?

celtic, sorry to hear you didn't get the position, but am thrilled that the prep has you psyched to keep going. After hearing you and orchid talk about your interviews, I'm grateful I'm not out there trying to get a job. Good lord, sounds like torture to me.

My son recently had a phone interview, followed by a four and a half hour in house interview where he had to meet with seven different people in management. I would think that some of these interview procedures are enough to scare some people away.

celtic and orchid, have your zeroed in on any specific job you're hoping to land?

#177262 - 03/16/09 02:47 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: celtic_flame]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: celtic_flame

i a bit mad as their was no option for video confrinseing and its cost about £500.00 for cloths flights and stay for the interview period which is a lot of cash at the moment. So thats annoying me but had to be done.

if i too relocate to london or if i gonna go i fustrated as to how to get a job their while in london, video or call interviews aint an option yet as far as my enquiress have gone.

Celtic, when a person is invited for a job interview while living in North America, normally a Canadian or American firm at least pays for the interviewee's transportation cost if the interviewers are out of town. Some employers will pay for hotel accommodation, only 1 night. Usually they dictate the rules of course and costs. Same for long distance telephone interview and for videconference, the North American employer pays.

I have been flown out for job interviews in the past 10 years --by several different employers. Of course those interviews, the employer usually has a lengthy questioning process which I have no problems.

As long as the questions are related directly to the job, my relevant skill set and my education, I have no problems on length of time it takes for an employer to screen me. Some of my jobs have required criminal record checks because the nature of information that the job that I was applying for, required handling confidential information.

Even if it looks I might "lose" or be a very unlikely short-listed candidate, I try to do ok on interview. Many of the employers....are my own colleagues professionally. Hence, one never knows if I will meet these same people at conferences, etc.

Thanks for your thoughts, Dotsie. I'm a little puzzled why people are telling me that I'll get a job soon. I dunno.

That facilitation checklist is very helpful Dotsie. It gives one lots to think about and to work on.

#177324 - 03/16/09 09:57 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: Dotsie]
celtic_flame Offline

good to know your son got a job dotsie, i might have read it in travel but not sure.

it sounded grulling interview wise for him

i got letter saying i on waiting list didn't get position but wating list which i not to hopfull about and i don't know weer on wating list i am.

I actulie now thinking about it could e-mail them and ask for feedback on performanse so i know what to tighten up for in future...think i do that.

well i feel motivated so going with flow and see weer it takes me smile i hoping out of ireland so much good could come.

i be back to counselling theripy, or drug related educasion and programmes. Thats one of my problems DOTSIE i painted yself into a corner expertise wise and its not an are i want to spend rest of life doing despite the experinse ganed so breaking into a new area might be tough but necassary.
thats if i don't do similare type of educasion.

I am kinda regreting not paying for and doing that phd offered to me 2 years ago about the self-harm research, id be nearlie finished by now. Still i made the choise then for good reason so i should just stick with my original thinking.

#177327 - 03/16/09 10:05 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: orchid]
celtic_flame Offline

i don't think the uk big enough to warrent employers paying traveling costs like they need to in north america.

if i wase't on an island i be able to travel easilie its cross that we bit of water that makes it necassary for flight, if not for water id drive or take the train for the distanse it take to fly.

i whish theyd get updated enough to do video comphrising lol thats not too hard considerring types of tecnical knowlage they expect me to have mostlie.

i fine with job focused stuff it wase't untill the last interview their that i relised i not good at talking about my areas were i have had issues. The job or tranning will expect me to have been counselled and want to know the process i undertook, its kinda an uncomphortable bit to this type of work, i just do not like it but understand why. I gonna have to ask or think it out diffrentlie weer i not left too vulrible in feeling afterwards but can give info as to personal internal life.

i still say it was the psychodynamic guy that throw me off track (and the other girl i talked too)

i thought you were not desprite but needed to get back to work soon orchid, sorry if i mis read this information, maybee thats why people telling you "never mind you get a job soon"

#177328 - 03/16/09 10:08 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: celtic_flame]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: celtic_flame
I actulie now thinking about it could e-mail them and ask for feedback on performanse so i know what to tighten up for in future...think i do that.

well i feel motivated so going with flow and see weer it takes me smile i hoping out of ireland so much good could come.

i be back to counselling theripy, or drug related educasion and programmes. Thats one of my problems DOTSIE i painted yself into a corner expertise wise and its not an are i want to spend rest of life doing despite the experinse ganed so breaking into a new area might be tough but necassary.
thats if i don't do similare type of educasion

I have great respect for anyone who does work with patients with drug addictions. By the way celtic, there are such jobs here in Vancouver but not sure if the pay is decent. There is a new facility that just opened up in the suburbs that specializes in mental health and drug addiction therapy rehab. work.

You might seriously consider looking if any of the courts in Ireland or rest of the United Kingdom, have specialized programs in mental court work, where there are folks with your background/expertise to work with the court system where sometimes problems of minor offenses are related to drug addiction/mental health problems. The person is a key liaison between the court /justice system and the mental health social support system. A very necessary link.

You see, I used to work for legal aid. So I have seen how some of these interdisciplinary partnerships work. Look to the legal aid organizations in your area of the world also. THey would value your background also.

#177331 - 03/16/09 10:24 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: orchid]
celtic_flame Offline

we get or orginasiasion i was assosiated/employed with had court refarels as in its necasary to shorted a sentense. then theyd be counselled as part of thir short sentense. It mostlie makes for reluctant insensear clients, thir attitude is kinda one of "being forced to change or seem to do it to seem to change" you get that work as being part of orginasasion as many clients can't afford private theripies

when self employed i always have the delema of how to charge when clients can't afford much, it tugs at my hart strings and always had more than my quota of sliding scale clients.

since i left my last house i had to leave my practise, as it was in front part of that house. this house ise't sutibale but i may be able to get some private work renting space in an alternative health shop set up for session of theripies.

the pays ok and i at a happie level with it even though i know for my educasion i could get payed a lot more. Job satisfaction comes into it so i look at what i gotta work in as to get right type of pay and for me it dose't pay off apart from financialie.

thanks for thinking of me orchid and comming up with those ideas. I might go try the probasion boards heer and see if they have resident theripists with them and try for wating list if they do.

i gess i gotta go looking more activlie or hurry to fill in applicasions for courses of studie and hope L seattles more at school.

#177333 - 03/16/09 10:26 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

oh just thought to mention that sadlie this trouble now in NI could be good for people in my busness as people start bukling under the straine and the straine of the resesion, madness eh!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved