The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#176351 - 03/05/09 01:11 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Originally Posted By: orchid

Later I would like to take a course on facilitation skills or teaching virtually. It is work-related and would build an interest that I have in group instruction for adults.

Right now I am suspended in a transitional time in life.

orchid, can you tell me more about that? You've piqued my interest. Is there a site I can visit?

And how is your new job? Are you adjusting?

#176352 - 03/05/09 01:12 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, very cool. I'm always around. I think there's a teleseminar at NABBW about launching foruls. Let me know if you're interested.

#176439 - 03/06/09 06:43 AM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: Dotsie]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Dotsie:
Am looking around for another job. The job did not work out. Not point going over the gory details. So that's why I'm here at times in the middle of day. But I do my daily cycling and job searching every day. Have to keep on going forward, no matter what.

There are a ton of facilitation resources. Some resources of which you personally might find useful, in fact might be be a perfect fit for your purposes both work and personal.

There's a great deal that is oriented for the corporate sector, some of which is narrowly based on work performance or are for profit-driven, large organizations.

http://www.masterfacilitatorjournal.com/assess.html

I knew a couple who did teach some courses in the listed organization which is Canadian. They started off using the group facilitation skills in....India where they worked for a non-profit organization for several years.

http://ica-associates.ca/Resources/MediatorasFacilitator.cfm

http://ica-associates.ca/template/newcourses/carrier.cfm?Handle=GroupFacilitation

http://ica-associates.ca/downloads/ICASept08Cat.pdf This is a Canadian organization. But perhaps there are international branches.

If you google ASTD, this is the prime organization for adult trainers and facilitators. Some useful resources but a very strong corporate sector thrust.

#176456 - 03/06/09 04:59 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: Edelweiss3]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
EW I am going to start but I'm not sure where to begin. As I mentioned earlier, a friend started 6 months ago and is doing well. He plays poker of course and is doing a column for Australian Poker mag already AND entertained the idea to them that it would be less expensive for them to send him to cover the World Series of Poker than have them send someone from Aussieland. He has a 6 wk all expense paid/+press pass for it. See...I can do stuff like that.

#176484 - 03/06/09 10:22 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Best of luck with the site Chick. Why not ask to pick the brains of the guy already up and running with his poker site? Once you are up and operational, I am going to visit and play. I love poker and do pretty well for myself.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#177057 - 03/14/09 01:53 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
I tied out for some interviews for a course, just extending my knowlage and carrer tranning.

its was in area called counselling psychology, basicalie applied psychology with accreditasion and requiremnts to finish a phd as well, i know i was turning green thinking about how i fit it all in and the cost is very very expensive for tranning at that level.

its also cutting edge stuff and i fear 4 yrs since i last done some tranning has outdated me, imagine that anyway its most compeatitive edge of tranning in my profesion and i been away for 3 years with L stoped when he was way young.

i don't think i been sucessfull as its a week and half and i not heared from them.

the interview was like what my worst fears weer, if some of you know psychodynamic theries i had one of main men on my panel for interviewing, so it by end felt like a cross examinasion (not just me felt it i chated to other canditets and we all had that flushed worried look that had that panel) and its a matter of enduranse as its half day interviews and thats a long time.

I talked with one ladie who applied every year for 4 years good enough for interview but got pipped at post for actulie getting the place.

its what i wanted to do but by not hearing anything by now i fear i not getting what i want, anything time to try a plan b or at ledsst forumlate one

anyway something within getting readie seemed to energis me so i looking around for other courses or gonna try to go straight back to work without the steap through courses. I am just guessing that returning to work after carrer break becouse of kid and the rest might be a bit difficult at my age hence the desire to studie...

the course would mean a relocating to a diffrent city london and now i not sure but think i might have to go anyway, so thers a lot to think about course wise anyway.

It surprised me not to meet anyone else at my kinda age when their their all so young lol or at lest 10 yrs younger

#177058 - 03/14/09 01:53 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

chattie orchid chick hows it going for you?

#177133 - 03/15/09 01:28 AM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I'm not sure what you're asking Celtic???

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#177163 - 03/15/09 03:19 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

the helicopter flights chattie?

i had a airplane flying lesson but never made it to my next steap which was a helecopter flying lesson.

i am very impressed your gonna try it, or have you had your lessen yet? what was it like?

#177199 - 03/15/09 10:54 PM Re: Courses Anyone? [Re: celtic_flame]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: celtic_flame
so it by end felt like a cross examinasion (not just me felt it i chated to other canditets and we all had that flushed worried look that had that panel) and its a matter of enduranse as its half day interviews and thats a long time.

I talked with one ladie who applied every year for 4 years good enough for interview but got pipped at post for actulie getting the place.

its what i wanted to do but by not hearing anything by now i fear i not getting what i want, anything time to try a plan b or at ledsst forumlate one

anyway something within getting readie seemed to energis me so i looking around for other courses or gonna try to go straight back to work without the steap through courses. I am just guessing that returning to work after carrer break becouse of kid and the rest might be a bit difficult at my age hence the desire to studie...

the course would mean a relocating to a diffrent city london and now i not sure but think i might have to go anyway, so thers a lot to think about course wise anyway.

It surprised me not to meet anyone else at my kinda age when their their all so young lol or at lest 10 yrs younger

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, celtic.
Most interviews to me, are a bit of cross-examination. We have to be realistic. If an interviewer makes you feel relaxed, you do have to be highly alert or one might offer up information in a manner that might give the wrong impression to interviewers.

1/2 day is a long enough. I have been interviewed for jobs where the whole day was a series of meetings plus a 15 min-30 min. presentation delivered by self with questions from audience. Keep on going to interviews when there's a chance, it's helpful as long as you don't allow your self-confidence to be diminished.

Yes, I've been interviewed recently. Not sure where things are going. One of them was done by videoconference..where interviewing panel were members located in 2 different cities in Canada while I was sitting in 3rd city answering questions. 2 hrs. long with a written test question given in advance. (I have been videoconferenced for interviews by 2 previous different prospective employers. So one does still need to look and sound good. ) The technology is getting better and better.

Another interview was by telephone conference. Unfortunately they got their time zone differences mixed up. (So thankfully I finished my business in washroom before running over to another room where the phone was, to start the interview with them. Though I was not prepared completely for interview it was easier because the position was abit more junior with my years of experience.) I suspect that's the main reason this latter employer was not interested in me.

We'll see. When it's not raining dogs and cats, I try to go biking for at least 1-2 hrs. each day.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved