The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#215237 - 10/31/11 05:50 PM alzheimers disease
lyssbe Offline

Hi Everyone -
I currently have someone close to me that is suffering with Alzheimer's disease. It is so hard to deal with. Over time, I have watched her mind slowly diminish while everyone around her has to watch it happen. What is so hard to deal with is how her body is completely healthy while her mind has gone off into another place. I believe her soul is in a better place, but it is hard for me to cope with. Please offer any advice.

#215242 - 10/31/11 09:13 PM Re: alzheimers disease [Re: lyssbe]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi lyssbe,

I recommend you get into a caregiver group locally, if you are not already. There is a lot of stress for Alzheimer's family members and caregivers and you need to have access to support.

Here is a page of information I found on the alz.org site which may be of help: Living With Alzheimer's - caregiver stress

Hope this helps a bit!

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216419 - 02/14/12 01:52 AM Re: alzheimers disease [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Has anyone read the new data on stopping Alzeheimers disease before it starts? I csan't find it anymore.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#216430 - 02/14/12 07:41 PM Re: alzheimers disease [Re: chatty lady]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Not sure what data you're speaking of, Chatty. I DID recently post an interesting article about using a cancer drug to cure Alzheimer's. But that's probably different data...

Here's my link again: Cancer Drug Reverses ALZ in Mice: Hope For Humans?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216452 - 02/16/12 03:22 PM Re: alzheimers disease [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I did see a news report that said a lack of sleep might contribute to a person getting Alzeheimers. Some of these reports end up being untrue a few years in the future.
Sometimes doctors use bogus data and their findings have given folks false hope. Don't know. Just sayin'.

#216760 - 03/28/12 12:55 AM Re: alzheimers disease [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It's sad how long some cures take. These researchers know no more than we do it seems...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved