The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#215955 - 12/29/11 02:02 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
It'll be fun to see what name tops the polls after the Iowa Caucus. I saw a clip where Condi is considering getting back into
politics. If she does, I'm with her!!! Love this lady.

#215956 - 12/29/11 02:10 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I think our system is broken. When corporations and super pacs run the campaigns, we all lose. It would be great if we could go back to the people supporting the candidate of their choice with their hard earned money, and take out the lobbyists. And people need to be aware of the candidates' stance on important issues like the economy instead of relying on soundbites and attack ads. When big corporations run campaigns, they aren't concerned about the people but about their bottom line. They will throw money at any candidate who will push for legislation that benefits the corporation.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#215957 - 12/29/11 02:42 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

yonuh,
I agree with everything U said. It is so true, money talks.
And corporate backbones have money.

#215958 - 12/29/11 07:48 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I hadn't heard about Condi for VP yet -- I've been hiding under a political rock for the past few weeks -- but I sure agree with you that she would be a good second in command.

After reading your comments, Jabber, I did some online searching and came across some very interesting articles from reliable sources. Some are even suggesting that BOTH Hillary and Condi are being courted as VP candidates.

And, since Clinton has said she will not serve another SoS term if Obama is re-elected, this seems to open the door for her. (Even though Bill denies she is interested.)

The most interesting scuttlebutt IMHO is the concept of BOTH of them running as VP candidates -- and then running against each other for President in 2016.

Do you think we will actually live long enough to see a WOMAN successfully win the job of POTUS?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215961 - 12/29/11 08:45 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I think both these lady would be an asset to running the country.
IMHO it was a huge mistake when the current president took the
number spot away from the former First Lady. And IMHO Condi has more smarts than all the men put together. I hope a women takes hold and straightens things out! And hope I live long enough to see it happen!

#215962 - 12/29/11 10:17 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I don't think this country is ready for that - yet. Women are still considered second class citizens here as evidenced by men still making major decisions about women and whether or not they can use certain forms of birth control, not to mention the fact that women in general still only make 74c for every dollar a man earns (for women of color, the amount can be as low as 63c). And this is a head-to-head comparison in the same profession, not because more women are in 'pink collar' jobs.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#215963 - 12/29/11 11:24 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Well dear heart, the men aren't doing such a great job of it!
And it's the 1st class citizens that depend on the 2nd class citizens for everything under the sun!!!!

#216202 - 01/20/12 07:11 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Okay, first Mitt is on top and then Newt! Geese. Anybody besides me getting dizzy from all the spin???

#216204 - 01/20/12 08:48 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
It gets even more confusing when poll results change.

The latest word in Iowa this morning is that Santorum and Romney essentially tied in the Iowa Republican caucus earlier this month.

Here's an article and chart published in the Dubuque Telegraph Herald (newspaper) this morning:
Quote:
Certified Results for Iowa Caucus

The 2012 Iowa Republican Caucus certified vote totals with 1,766 of 1,774 precincts reporting to the state Republican Party.

Candidate Total votes

Rick Santorum 29,839

Mitt Romney 29,805

Ron Paul 26,036

Newt Gingrich 16,163

Rick Perry 12,557

Michele Bachmann 6,046

Jon Huntsman 739

No preference 147

Other 86

Herman Cain 45

Sarah Palin 23

Buddy Roemer 17

Total 121,503

Iowa Republican Party

How's that for confusing? Especially since the pool is smaller now, with Perry, Bachmann and Huntsman gone. But, I guess that's what the "sifting and winnowing" process is all about, right?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216208 - 01/21/12 02:45 PM Re: Political debates...? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

They say Santorum won Iowa. But who knows. Romney seems to be
shooting himself in the foot these days. Investing in other countries isn't exactly the way to run for President of the United States. And anybody who doesn't think $300,000.00 plus dollars isn't a lot of money lives on Mars.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved