The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#216054 - 01/07/12 02:56 PM Re: Reading a new book [Re: Sandy N.]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Thank you, Sandy.

#216059 - 01/08/12 04:34 AM Re: Reading a new book [Re: jabber]
Peacee52 Offline

Loc: Ohio
Thank you ladies for the suggestions ! I will definitely look for World without End Sany, and Death comes to Pemberley Yonuh. I will also look into P D James. I just spoke to my daughter and she told me she had read Pillars of the Earth before watching the tv shows and didn't think they were very good either. So I'm happy I saw them first !! smile

#216120 - 01/14/12 01:01 AM Re: Reading a new book [Re: Peacee52]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WELCOME Peacee52 to our cyber home... I am reading another Aaron Paul Lazar mystery called FOR THE BIRDS! It is awesome...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#216170 - 01/17/12 07:37 PM Re: Reading a new book [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Aaron Paul Lazar is an excellent author, Chatty. I bought Healey's Cave for a neighbor and her sister bought two other books of his. I'm on my third Dianna Gabaldon, "Voyager"; the first book was 600 plus; the 2nd 700 plus and this one is 900 plus pages. This gal can write. Her descriptive abilities are outstanding! I prefer smaller books, 200 plus pages or so are fine. But once a person gets hooked on these Diana G. books, they seem to be a goner!!!

#216189 - 01/19/12 02:32 PM Re: Reading a new book [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

yonuh,
I'm thinking reading all those Diana Gabaldon books helped you meet the quota for that NaNoWriMo club you joined. What say you?

#216190 - 01/19/12 02:34 PM Re: Reading a new book [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I don't know, jabber. I read a lot - I devour books by the dozens, hundreds even, every year. I panic if I have nothing to read!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#216191 - 01/19/12 02:35 PM Re: Reading a new book [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Exactly! That's why you're able to meet a 50,000 word deadline in a month.

#216193 - 01/19/12 08:11 PM Re: Reading a new book [Re: Sandy N.]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Love the concept of using voice recognition software to write a book. Are there any you particularly recommend?

Somewhere we have a license to an early version of "Dragon Naturally Speaking" but we haven't used it.

In a somewhat related vein, Ronda Del Boccio, who is my mastermind partner, mentioned a free tool, Screenr this morning when we were talking.

It only allows you to record five minutes at a time, but it allows you to create and share web screen casts. You could use this to read a part of a book chapter you're developing or have published, while allowing users to read it on the screen. Or read it on the screen while they hear you speak it.

It opens up some interesting book marketing options.

I love to read, but I am never getting time to focus on and make progress writing a book. Ideas from those of you who have done it are welcome!

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216216 - 01/22/12 02:58 AM Re: Reading a new book [Re: Anne Holmes]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
I'm with you, Yonuh. I've always got a book going. Right now I've started rereading The Same Sweet Girls by Cassandra King. It was written in 2005, and the protagonists are all approaching 50 yrs old. They've been friends for 30 years.
Anne: Thanks for the link to Screenr. It sounds intriguing. Unfortunately, my computer doesn't have a camera. But I'll keep the info for the future, in case that should change.

#216472 - 02/20/12 04:35 PM Re: Reading a new book [Re: Sandy N.]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
On Saturday nights I watch a show called PIT BOSS, it's about a man Shorty Rossi who rescues Pit Bulls and finds then good homes. He is a small person and has just written a book called, FOUR FEET AND GROWING. I am looking for his book to begin reading it, he's had quite the life.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved