The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#215503 - 11/18/11 03:25 PM Tights
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
The "preppy look".....I love wearing colored tights in the winter with corduroy skirts or long dresses. And, since we do outdoor retail year round, I want to layer as much as possible. Now to FIND them was a challenge....especially made in the USA.

Having not been in a retail store in a very long time (I shop thrift stores mostly), I ventured into Kohls....after all, I did not want used tights!

They had lots of sales on Vera Wang's stuff, Simply Vera...made in the USA! Thankfully the ones I found were on sale....got some thigh-high avocado green tights, stretch leggings in black and a pair of decorative brown cable-knit look tights.

I'm so excited!

(after looking in Walgreen's and finding "Made in China" stuff, I walked out".

Anywhere else wear them?

#215507 - 11/18/11 06:41 PM Re: Tights [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Di,
Those sound great. I wear the heavy pantyhose underneath my jeans and dress slacks in the winter. Kushyfoot microfiber tights are nice, too. Glad you found what you like. I also like the cable-knit look!

#215510 - 11/18/11 07:52 PM Re: Tights [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Di, I used to wear tights all the time, but haven't for years as I too, found it hard to source them. (I also don't spend much time shopping in retail stores anymore.)

I'm a catalog and online shopper, and wasn't finding much that way. So I switched to knee socks and log pants.

I will go check the Kohl's website, and maybe I will be joining y'all in tights this winter...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#215511 - 11/18/11 10:33 PM Re: Tights [Re: Anne Holmes]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
For me, less is better. I normally wear skirts with sandals in summer. In winter I might wear closed-toe shoes with ankle socks under pants or jeans, but only when it's too cold for sandals. Fortunately, my workplace is casual - I don't think I could go back to wearing pantyhose or tights now.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#215515 - 11/19/11 02:51 PM Re: Tights [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

yonuh,
Well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Good thing we're all different. It'd be mighty boring otherwise. You live in a much warmer climate than I. So I fully understand what you're saying!
Happy Thanksgiving lady!

#215523 - 11/20/11 02:28 AM Re: Tights [Re: jabber]
Di Offline

I wore my "Simply Veras" today.....LOVE them.but then, it went up to the mid-high 60's.

#215526 - 11/20/11 02:21 PM Re: Tights [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

I'll have to try those Simply Veras, Di.

#215880 - 12/22/11 11:14 PM Re: Tights [Re: jabber]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
I wore tights underneath my jeans this morning when I took the dog for a walk. Just having that extra layer sure helped keep me warm!

#215882 - 12/23/11 02:19 AM Re: Tights [Re: Sandy N.]
Di Offline

I wear my Vera's underneath long johns...THEN, leg warmers, then jeans.

When you do outdoor retail, the body can be mighty cold!

#215894 - 12/24/11 12:25 AM Re: Tights [Re: Di]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
Di, do you live in Alaska? That's a lotta clothes! Just kidding. Actually, I understand that when you're outdoors for quite a while--especially if you're not participating in a sport--you can get cold real quick.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved