The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#215999 - 01/03/12 04:31 PM Re: Tights [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Thank you, yonuh!

#216000 - 01/03/12 05:42 PM Re: Tights [Re: yonuh]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Get plenty of fluids and rest, Jabber. I hope you are feeling better soon.

AS for me, I am feeling healthy, but I just can't get warm. It's 19 degrees here and sunny. But we have been experiencing quite a wind -- and that makes it feel like about zero...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216001 - 01/03/12 09:05 PM Re: Tights [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Thank you. I think the wind chill here is below zero. The temp has been 10 degrees all day. The honey helps the sore throat;
but my eyes are watering; sinuses are a mess and I can't breathe even though I've been inhaling steam and keeping really warm. Will be glad when this episode passes. I've wasted an entire day just trying to get well. And my New Year's resolution was use time more wisely. LOL... Haven't done one productive thing all day. I hope none of U get this bug, whatever it is. It's a bummer!!!

#216003 - 01/04/12 03:45 AM Re: Tights [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Oh Jabber, you have my sympathy! My body's weakest area is my lungs, and I've had pneumonia a couple of times since 2000. It is not something I want to experience again...

That whole not being able to breathe thing - even when you're inhaling steam -- is awful. My lungs are almost aching, just reading what you are going through!

Be good to yourself, and if you aren't feeling any better by tomorrow, call your doctor.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216011 - 01/04/12 01:44 PM Re: Tights [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Thanks Anne. I'm thinking one day of staying low and I'll bounce back. At least that's what I'm hoping for. I don't think the temps got above 10 degrees above zero yesterday. It was 6 degrees at 6 p.m. It's still only 10 degrees this morning.
Geese. I need some warmth.

#216016 - 01/04/12 07:32 PM Re: Tights [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Warmth might be heading your way, Jabber. We here in the Midwest are being treated to sunny days with highs in the 40s for the next few days.

Don't know where this warmth is coming from, but we haven't yet had any appreciable snow, and if I didn't mention it before, I actually saw a blooming dandelion in my lawn last week...

My daughter's birthday is coming up, and I'll never forget the bone chilling weather we experienced the week she was born. I recall being in the labor room and the windows were rattling from the Arctic winds. Not to mention that my husband and the hospital staff had to keep going outside to start their cars to make sure the batteries didn't die.

The saddest sign of the cold was the dozen red roses my then-hubbie gave me to celebrate the birth of our daughter. They never fully opened: froze between the florist's van and the hospital door! (And this was a reputable florist, who knows how to handle deliveries and probably would have replaced them if I'd thought to ask...)

Somehow, with wind chill factored in, I recall those days as being in the minus 40s... And who wouldn't prefer today's plus 40s to that?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216340 - 02/03/12 09:03 PM Re: Tights [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

I've been snowmobiling in below 40 degree weather, way back when. Don't like subzero temps anymore.

Have you seen the new Spring clothing styles; the colors are bright; it's bird, butterfly and cat motif; stripes and bright colors. I like it. I like the high, wedge heels on other people but not on myself, afraid of turning and damaging the anklebone.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved