The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 181 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#214857 - 09/30/11 10:05 PM Shoes
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Anyone wear Merrell's? I have a friend who works for them and I'm absolutely amazed at how well they fit? I could not afford them, so I'm thankful she sends them to me.

With my feet "changing" it's hard to find anything that fits. These are so great.....no seam binding is annoying, you feel as though you are floating, straps are not tight and my feet are happy!

#214863 - 09/30/11 10:22 PM Re: Shoes [Re: Di]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I haven't tried them, Di. I switched a couple of years ago to strictly Earth shoes. I bought a pair of sandals to try and discovered no more hip pain or back pain, so I invested in a few more pairs. They're not cheap, but I found some good deals online at Zappos and The Walking Company. When I wear my Birkies all day now, for a change, my hips really ache by the end of the day.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#214874 - 10/01/11 01:39 PM Re: Shoes [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Di,
I have a pair of Merrell hiking shoes. I love them. I wear them all winter long, when walking the dogs in the park. And I use
'em for geocaching in harsh weather. They may be expensive but worth every cent. They're sturdy and last forever.

yonuh, Right you are! Good footwear helps lessen the pain for those of us whose limbs have a tendency to ache.

#214879 - 10/01/11 06:30 PM Re: Shoes [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I've not heard of Merrell shoes, but based on this discussion I went to their web site, to see what y'all are talking about.

What I see looks similar to shoes I find in the Lands' End catalog. Especially the Lands' End All Weather Mocs which look a lot like the Merrell Jungle Moc

So I might buy a pair, just to see how the two compare... As I have always liked the Lands' End All Weather Mocs I own (in red suede) -- and was about to order another pair in a different color.

By the way, there's a shoe giveaway at the foot of each page on the Merrell website. I don't know what the odds of winning are, but I entered. Can't hurt.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214895 - 10/02/11 02:00 PM Re: Shoes [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

My Merrell's are hiking shoes. Haven't tried the mocs but my
nephew has a pair and loves 'em. I bought hubby a pair of Merrell hiking shoes like mine. He likes his too! I also entered the free shoe giveaway!

#214899 - 10/03/11 01:23 PM Re: Shoes [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I think Mikey has the Men's Encore Eclipse Jungle Boot. I know they're nice! Merrell stuff wears like iron!

P.S. [censored]'s Sporting Goods Store is where got ours! whistle

Censored? Are U kidding me: I was just naming the store! sick

#214907 - 10/03/11 06:04 PM Re: Shoes (and a word on the [censored] thing) [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Quote:
P.S. [censored]'s Sporting Goods Store is where got ours!

Censored? Are U kidding me: I was just naming the store!

I don't know what the [censored] thing is all about, ladies. The first time I saw it was last week, when I tried to answer "lililove11," the woman who was wondering about the cougar web sites.

I typed in the word that starts with a "p" and rhymes with "born" and lo and behold that word disappeared and the [censored] was in its place. I tried substituting the word "X-rated" and it stayed.

We have not changed any programming in the setup of the forum, so I can promise you that this is not of my doing.

Has anyone else experienced it? If it's bothering enough of us, I will try to figure out how to change it.

Thanks for your input!

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214992 - 10/08/11 04:35 PM Re: Shoes (and a word on the [censored] thing) [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Anne,
It doesn't bother me. A long time ago, when Dotsie was running things, I had this happen. The Sporting Goods Store I'm referring to, begins with the letter [D], is 4 letters long, and ends with [k]. I'm thinking they should change their name because computers show unwanted sites, when using the title. I seldom use the word, and it's an innocent endeavor when I do. None of our regular members deliberately use uncool words. So don't lose any sleep over it! It's not a problem!!!!

#214997 - 10/08/11 06:34 PM Re: Shoes (and a word on the [censored] thing) [Re: jabber]
Boomer in Chief

Ah, I understand now why the store name was censored, though - hey - it happens to be a legitimate first name. LOL!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214999 - 10/08/11 06:44 PM Re: Shoes (and a word on the [censored] thing) [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Legitimate, Yes! Wise, NO! lol...at least where the web is concerned!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved