The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#214692 - 09/14/11 07:01 PM Single and worried about retirement?
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Ladies, I was just contacted by a researcher at NBC News who is seeking a never-married Boomer woman to interview about affording retirement.

She wrote:
Quote:
I am working on an economy story and wanted to know if you knew of any women on the east coast or in the mid-west who are single because they never married
and are now finding that their retirement plan, limited savings, etc. is creating problems as they near retirement.
I would be interested in speaking with them.

If you fit the bill or know anyone who does, she invites you to contact her directly by email.

Her email address is: Janelle.Richards @ nbcuni.com

Thanks for considering this!

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214721 - 09/17/11 11:03 PM Re: Single and worried about retirement? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Boomer in Chief

We've had one person contact Janelle that I am aware of. She'd love to talk to more people. If you know of anyone who qualifies, please let them know.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#214755 - 09/21/11 05:51 PM Re: Single and worried about retirement? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Boomer in Chief

Just heard from my friend Sue, who volunteered to be interviewed by NBC Nightly News on this topic.

They are sending a crew out to her in Columbus, Ohio, to do the interview. She just wrote me and said she is going to be cleaning her house this weekend, and is shopping for a new blouse to wear for the interview.

She mentioned that
Quote:
The NBC Nightly News producer is trying to find another person in the Columbus area as he plans on flying here to film sooner rather than later.

So if any of you know any single women in the Columbus, Ohio area who are worried about being able to afford retirement, now's the time to share this info with them so that they can offer to be interviewed along with Sue..

Who knows how being featured on network TV -- with viewership all over the country -- might affect your job finding opportunities?

As proof I offer this: I saw a segment on NBC news just the other day in which a family in Florida which had been featured on an earlier news piece about foreclosures was being helped by a family in Plano, Texas who saw the story and were moved to act. In this case, the Plano family has committed to helping the Florida family find jobs and in the interim is helping them out financially.

Here's a link to this heartwarming story: Restoring Belief in the American Dream

So who knows what could happen after YOUR story is shared on national news?

www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved