The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#213838 - 07/16/11 01:46 PM Abusive Ex-Husband Dead
MustangGal
Unregistered

My abusive ex-husband died on July 3, 2011.

I am informed and believe that in December 2010 he purchased a Smith & Wesson Model 10-6 4 inch barrel factory nickel finish Serial number 2D68XXX -- he posted such on the internet.

According to the obit, he died "unexpectedly" and "At his request, there will be no calling hours."

I can't help but wonder if he committed suicide. My sister thinks it may have been AIDS and for me to get tested.

In any event, I feel no remorse. He physically and emotionally tormented me for 15+ years. I will always have a scar from his abuse.

I also admit that I was a bit jeoulous of his passing b/c I immediately thought -- hey, he's made it to Heaven before me! How dare he!

May God forgive me for my ill feelings, I'd like to think that He knows my pain.

Edited by MustangGal (07/17/11 11:21 AM)

#213839 - 07/16/11 03:09 PM Re: Abusive Ex-Husband Dead [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Mustang,
Sorry you experienced such abuse; and, don't beat yourself because you feel the way you do. That's the problem with being
human, sometimes our feelings don't line up with what we know is
right in our spirits. Many of us have been through difficulties
in life, so we understand where you're coming from. God bless; God is a great God and I believe He understands your pain.

#213842 - 07/16/11 09:44 PM Re: Abusive Ex-Husband Dead [Re: ]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi Mustang,

I've been missing you and it's good to hear from you again, though I am sad about the circumstances.

My ex also abused me emotionally, and it took me quite awhile to recover my self esteem after the divorce. Once I did, I was sure I was totally "over" any caring I'd ever had for him.

However, when I found out he had cancer and again when he was within days of death, I found myself grieving for him. It was the darndest thing, as I'd thought I'd cried all the tears I would ever shed over the years we'd spent together. I'd thought I would feel nothing for him, ever again, but I found out it wasn't true.

In my case, I figured the unexpected emotions came because the kids were still so young (10 and 13), and Steve and I had to tell them of his death -- help them through their grief, and accompany them to the funeral.

God does know your pain and forgives you for your ill feelings. And now -- it seems to me -- you can be totally sure that your ex can never hurt you again. So you are freer and safer than you were before.

You are most likely correct that your ex died of a self-inflicted GSW. But if your sister has reasonable cause to suspect AIDS, you can certainly get yourself checked, just to ease your mind that all is well. (I say that only because if anyone were to put an idea like that into my head, I am sure I would not be able to release it until I had done my due diligence...)

It's good to hear from you again, Mustang. Hope the rest of your life is going well and that you are finding a new church and new friends in your new community.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#213866 - 07/18/11 09:58 PM Re: Abusive Ex-Husband Dead [Re: Anne Holmes]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Anne, thank you. I gathered some intel, that being:

"He had been missing for some time, had alcohol issues, and his family had been searching for him." Also, awaiting a toxicology report which will take at least another 12 weeks.

I wonder why a toxicology report is required? For drug overdose or abuse? Drugs, poison, alcohol of a lethal nature? Heart attack?

#213867 - 07/18/11 10:25 PM Re: Abusive Ex-Husband Dead [Re: ]
Boomer in Chief

Apparently toxicology reports are pretty standard in autopsies. Here's an article on it from Web MD which might answer some of your questions.

One point they make is that these reports take longer in real life than they do on the TV crime shows.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#213882 - 07/19/11 09:59 PM Re: Abusive Ex-Husband Dead [Re: Anne Holmes]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Thanks Anne!

I called my ex FIL and offered my condolences. He relayed the following:

"lost everything about 2 years ago, missing for 1.5 years, never called for help, homeless veteran, was walking with others along the highway and collapsed, cremated in Texas, military burial with 1st ex-wife (son and ex step-daughter) in attendance, had not seen his son in about 4 years."

My ex FIL says that he feels at peace because he no longer has to worry where he is, says "I now know where he is."

The NY family had posted missing posters in the San Antonio area.

My ex FIL says he's not seen his grandson (now 23) since he was 3 years old; however, I know that's not true -- he just may be forgetful and sad. He saw him as a teenager, which is a pretty long time, too.

My ex was such an abusive individual and an alcoholic.

He had a full military burial.

Can you imagine being a retired E-9 with full benefits and becoming homeless?

I've always known him to put himself first and overspend extravagantly. He got himself into a pickle and I imagine the creditors deducted from his military retirement pay and he had nothing else. He never reached out to his family for help.

Edited by MustangGal (07/19/11 09:59 PM)

#213883 - 07/19/11 10:21 PM Re: Abusive Ex-Husband Dead [Re: ]
Boomer in Chief

I'm glad you got some closure from your ex-FIL Mustang. Still, that is a really sad story. I understand your ex-FIL's point that he is now at peace, finally knowing where his son is.

We as a country really need to come to grips with the challenges our military and their families are facing. As you know, PTSD is a huge and growing problem.

Whether or not your ex suffered from that, he clearly was troubled and could have used the help he never reached out for.

Blessings!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#213884 - 07/19/11 10:40 PM Re: Abusive Ex-Husband Dead [Re: Anne Holmes]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Anne, he was so very abusive to me -- I will always have the physical and emotional scars.

Yet, I do feel some relief and guilt. Guilt b/c I so wanted to best him after all that abuse I endured.

My ex-FIL is a widow and lives with his 'girlfriend', together they are a great comfort. However, during this conversation she cursed at me and told me I'm the cause of all of my ex's problems. I know that's not true, he altered my life negatively as he did most people he encountered.

Thanks for letting me express my feelings.

Edited by MustangGal (07/19/11 10:41 PM)

#213887 - 07/19/11 11:54 PM Re: Abusive Ex-Husband Dead [Re: ]
Boomer in Chief

That's what we're here for, Mustang! Glad to lend an ear. Have you been riding lately? It might give you some comfort.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#213911 - 07/21/11 06:41 PM Re: Abusive Ex-Husband Dead [Re: Anne Holmes]
MustangGal
Unregistered

It's been hawt here! Triple digit hot!

Well, the above information was not enough for the legal eagle me. My ex-FIL is a nice man and means well, but does not always tell the truth and sugarcoats.

I called the police homicide officer who read the report to me. That being:

* Closed case for July 3, 2011
* officers were dispatched to hosptal
* EMS responded to hotel and transported and during transport he died before arrival
* EMS techs worked on him for 45 minutes
* Arrived deceased
* M.E. has performed autopsy, awaiting toxicology -- which is needed when cases of death is unknown
* Female woman was transported with him
* She was a partner of some sort
* She seemed heavily intoxicated and incoherent
* Had been living in a hotel for some time
* She was being treated as well
* She was either intoxicated or drugged or both
* He (ex-husband) had toxic congestion which is too much of anything and self-induced, in other words, he made that choice
* Appears on surface they (ex and unidentified female) had been partying together for quite some time

These are the facts. Not that he was walking along and collapsed on the side of the road. I did not want to feel sorry for him and needed the truth, that which is and is not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved