The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#212639 - 05/06/11 01:32 AM DIRT!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nothing is more fullfilling to me than working in the dirt, the blacker the better. I loved my garden and had flowers galore at my Illinois home. All things I miss so badly since coming to the desert, nothing but sand and cleechie, nothing grows here but the beautiful Oleanders bushes, and they grow without any attention what-so-ever, tall, flowery but poisonous. I miss my dirt!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#212646 - 05/06/11 03:28 AM Re: DIRT! [Re: chatty lady]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Chatty, When my mother and step-father moved to the desert of Arizona, he took classes from the local arid gardening club, and learned how to grow plants that thrive in the desert.

At the same time, he installed a drip sprinkler system in their garden and actually grew beautiful roses.

They just sold their house last month, and I am sure part of the reason the buyers chose it over any of the many other homes they could have selected in that community was the garden. Another reason was the beautiful view of the mountains... The new owners are coming from Michigan, and are gardeners. So I am positive the work my step-father did on the garden impressed them.

Bottom line: You CAN grow stuff in the desert. I wonder if you have an arid gardening club in Las Vegas?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#212650 - 05/06/11 05:14 AM Re: DIRT! [Re: Anne Holmes]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
How about container gardening? Would that work?

#212666 - 05/06/11 05:46 PM Re: DIRT! [Re: Sandy N.]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Interesting....our "Dirt" Soap smells just like soil! I love the smell of dirt!

#212673 - 05/06/11 10:11 PM Re: DIRT! [Re: Di]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Di, I am so intrigued by your "Dirt" Soap. HOW do you get soap to smell like soil?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#212675 - 05/07/11 12:04 AM Re: DIRT! [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Anne, I'm not sure if there is such a group here in town but now I am looking, that might be just the ticket.

Sandy, yes it works fine and I grow my own tomatoes, squash, and
tiny egg plants in those containers that I hang from my patio roof. They have been a life saver.

Wow! Di, soap that smells like dirt. What a unique idea, may I ask if it sells?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#212679 - 05/07/11 12:27 AM Re: DIRT! [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
It's a BIG seller, Chatty. I've had it over over a year now and they come back for more! Great for hunters, campers, fisherman, too. To "hide" the human scent.

Anne.....trade secret!! wink

When you are taking a shower, you have to remember that you are not in the garden...it smells THAT good! It's as if you are being sprinkled outdoors! I LOVE it...it's so refreshing and "earthy"...literally!

Edited by Di (05/07/11 12:28 AM)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved