The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#212285 - 04/23/11 08:15 AM Re: Mind FOG! [Re: jabber]
Mountain Ash Offline

Mind fog...
I perceive mind fog to be a kinda day dreaming our thoughts are somewhere else...you maybe think it is something else.

but you have mentioned in past posts that you believe some
people who have "tons" of education have no common sense..
so maybe this is an example of the sort of through away statement that some people feel is a belief you hold.In my case until yesterday I would not have replied to such posts. But you did seem to want clarification of what is being discussed in another topic. this is a small example.

I do not intent to hurt you but as I am a person who returned to gain qualifications and devoted a part of my adult life to study I hold learning in esteme.I do not speak about those who are talented practically but do not have a degree

My final career was to provide education to those who sought it or who were in the catagory of needing life skills taught.

Education is not an either or..to being practical

#212287 - 04/23/11 01:28 PM Re: Mind FOG! [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
MA
I'm speaking from personal experience, only. I've family members who are very well educated; I hold education in high esteem. On the other hand, we've a family member who has spent his entire life going to school, but has no common sense. My late MIL was a teacher; my hubby is a geologist; his brother and wife both have Master Degrees. I'm not trashing well-educated people. I know I've written poems about "Experts." Don't you ever get bummed at an "expert's" experimental conclusion being negated by another expert doing the same lab experiment and publishing a conclusion in direct opposite to the first. For example: the media announces chocolate, coffee, eggs, or bacon aren't good for you. A few years thereafter somebody else says, dark chocolate, etc., etc. have x,y, z benefits.
That's the sort of stuff I'm talking about. If unclear, again I apologize. I, too, know several people who've gone back to school in later years. I think it's a wonderful goal to desire and attain.

#212291 - 04/23/11 03:01 PM Re: Mind FOG! [Re: jabber]
Mountain Ash Offline

Don't you ever get bummed at an "expert's" experimental conclusion being negated by another expert doing the same lab experiment and publishing a conclusion in direct opposite to the first.

No
thats how progress works...prove/disprove..discuss.

#212294 - 04/23/11 04:11 PM Re: Mind FOG! [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

Gotcha!

#212303 - 04/24/11 03:03 PM Re: Mind FOG! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Okay I didn't explain myself well in post 212287.

Examples: Darvon Darvocet Problems, "The drug makers ignored the correlation between Darvoct and an increased risk of potentially fatal heart problems, despite a wealth of scientific
and medical evidence available. Results: Heart Arrythmia; heart attack; overdose; death!

at www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/ "Drug maker Schering-Plough has been outright bribing physicians to prescribe drugs and operate
sham clinical trials."

Progress is one thing. Unconscientiously doing the job you've trained for is another. Deliberately conning the public for financial gain, is what bums a person out!

Edited by jabber (04/24/11 03:04 PM)

#212365 - 04/27/11 01:11 PM Re: Mind FOG! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I missed transferring the last half of that top-secret link. It was specifically targeting sham clinical trials. It's on that site but I think several clicks are necessary to follow the trail.

Edited by jabber (04/27/11 03:36 PM)

#212602 - 05/04/11 10:25 PM Re: Mind FOG! [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I too have sleep apnea and wear a C-Pap mask. I was without mine for several weeks, after many years wearing it, it broke and had to be totally replaced. I ended up in hospital with pneumonia caused by not having the mask to wear and stopping breathing too many times at night. Sleep Apnea is no joke and before being diagnosed would fall asleep standing at the stove or sink and just fall over...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#212624 - 05/05/11 03:57 PM Re: Mind FOG! [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

My brother has sleep apnea too. He has also had 6 types of cancer. This is scary stuff.

#212695 - 05/07/11 03:55 PM Re: Mind FOG! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Chatty,
Are there any other corrective aids besides the C-Pap mask to help curb sleep apena? Just wondering.

#214303 - 08/11/11 07:40 PM Re: Mind FOG! [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
YES! Lose weight as it causes the disorder and it goes away once your thinner, mine has dissapeared.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved