The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#211766 - 03/26/11 10:33 PM Disasterious losses
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I had a horrid nightmare last night about all the pets lost, dead or God knows where or what in Japan. At least we were able to get into New Orleans after that trajedy but no one is allowed to send anyone to Japan to help the animals due to the radiation etc. I feel for the people who weren't home but their beloved pets were, and they have no clue what happened to them. I think I would go insane! All we can do is pray...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#211779 - 03/27/11 11:00 PM Re: Disasterious losses [Re: chatty lady]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
That is true, Chatty.

I have heard a few reports on the news about the Japanese pets. Here is a good article about it:

Japanese Relief to Animals

Hopefully that will ease your mind!

Anne
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#211784 - 03/28/11 02:19 PM Re: Disasterious losses [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
The idea of losing all that's dear is more than comprehension
can tolerate. It's good to know there is "Relief of Animals in
Emergencies"; and that 100% of the donations given to American Humane Associations for Japan will go to helping animal victims and program administrative costs will not be deducted.

Edited by jabber (03/28/11 07:33 PM)

#211794 - 03/28/11 10:16 PM Re: Disasterious losses [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Normally the Humane Society here as well sends a plane with supplies and volunteers to all disaster areas but no one is allowed into Japan yet so all we have been able to do is send supplies. Nice article Anne, I hadn't seen it before.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#211809 - 03/29/11 01:29 PM Re: Disasterious losses [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

The heart goes out to every living, breathing life in Japan.
May the Holy Spirit heal this land!!!!

#211848 - 03/31/11 04:04 AM Re: Disasterious losses [Re: chatty lady]
Rose Offline

Loc: Georgia
I hurt for the people and pets in Japan.
I have an English Bulldog who is about to be ten years old. Their lifespan is eight to ten years. I feel such sadness when I think of losing her, which is the inevitable. It's gonna happen! And sooner than I can fathom!
She is my first indoor dog and she has been such a blessing to me. Somebody please tell me how to get through the grieving process when it happens.

Rose

#211853 - 03/31/11 01:53 PM Re: Disasterious losses [Re: Rose]
jabber Offline

Rose,
I don't think anybody can tell you how to get through the grieving process. I had a Border Collie/Black Lab, she lived to be 15 years old. I knew her death was coming, but when it came I wanted to reach into my chest and yank my heart out. I go back over the years and see every dog I ever lost: Some hit by cars; some living 8 years, some more. It's like knowing your 90 year old parent is going to go Heaven before long. Mentally you know that but when it happens, no words can describe the heartache. Just enjoy each and every day. Live in the present, enjoying each moment! That's the best any of us can do!!! IMO!

#211855 - 03/31/11 02:47 PM Re: Disasterious losses [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Rose, everybody grieves differently, and I agree with Jabber that living in the moment is all you can do. When the time comes, you will get through it as so many of us have.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#211868 - 04/01/11 01:49 PM Re: Disasterious losses [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

Death and divorce are painful beyond description. Had to reach up to touch the bottom many, many times. If I didn't believe in the Father, Son, Holy Ghost and everlasting life, I may've died a long time ago! When my thoughts start goin' towards gloom'n doom, I fill my mind with positive ideas. It's all that keeps me keeping on! I truly wish animals lived the same length of time as humans. Grandma used to say, "What you don't have to laugh over, you don't have to cry over." She had the wisdom of Solomon.

Edited by jabber (04/01/11 01:53 PM)

#211879 - 04/02/11 01:46 PM Re: Disasterious losses [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Did you see that dog rescued in Japan? Apparently it was living on the top of a house for many, many days. Now that was cool!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved