The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#211714 - 03/23/11 10:52 PM The Love for Vintage
swellsharon Offline

I've been on a total Vintage kick as of late.

Who else here still gets vintage clothing from time to time?

Been totally in awe of these new store i found. i wanted to share it to everyone here. the store is called Tresor de Vintage

Tresor de Vintage

#211717 - 03/24/11 03:58 AM Re: The Love for Vintage [Re: swellsharon]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I haven't ever gotten onto the vintage bandwagon -- probably because I am more into wearing what I can buy from a catalog so I don't have to shop -- but I have seen some stars at big awards shows wearing vintage evening wear, and it is always lovely.

Plus, wearing vintage is essentially recycling, and who could be against that?
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#211730 - 03/24/11 06:19 PM Re: The Love for Vintage [Re: Anne Holmes]
swellsharon Offline

I absolutely agree Anne, there is nothing wrong with that at all. Vintage clothing is like an infinite treasure trove of riches.

i agree i love seeing my favorite celebrities on the red carpet in strictly vintage, it's striking to the eye, i just love that classic look.

especially this dress from one of my favorite actreses Sarah Wayne Callies. shes wearing a dress from Tresor de Vintage

#211731 - 03/24/11 08:37 PM Re: The Love for Vintage [Re: swellsharon]
Boomer in Chief

Never heard of your actress, but she fills out the dress very nicely.

Any advice for those of us who don't live in the area, so will not be shopping at your favorite store? Stuff there looked pretty pricey. I sure would not pay $350 for a vintage purse, for example. Even if it did cost $700 originally...

If I were to wear vintage, I'd be more inclined to try to do it the way Barb Tobias, NABBW's Thrifting Expert does. In her book, Tossed and Found: Where Frugal is Chic she writes about how she's able to find, buy and wear trendy designer clothes - essentially for nothing.

It's an eye-opening book!

Edited by Anne Holmes (03/24/11 08:38 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#211733 - 03/24/11 10:42 PM Re: The Love for Vintage [Re: Anne Holmes]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
That's why I love shopping in second-hand charity stores. Here we have many such stores run by the Salvation Army (which does amazing wonderful things for the poor and homeless with the money it raises through these stores). You can find just about anything in these kinds of stores, from vintage wear to toys, hats and books to housewares and linens...even new clothes from high-end shops with the tags still on them! All for next to nothing. It's how we can afford to take so much stuff to Cuba every year...and while we're helping the people there, the money we spend in these charity stores is also helping the poor and needy right here at home, so it's a win-win shopping spree everytime!

(Maya Angelou)

#211736 - 03/25/11 01:18 AM Re: The Love for Vintage [Re: Eagle Heart]
Boomer in Chief

Perfect example of the power of thrifting, Eagle Heart! And you are so right about being able to find new items with the tags still on them... Sometimes even designer duds!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#211738 - 03/25/11 01:33 PM Re: The Love for Vintage [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Eagle and Anne,
I frequently shop at Amvets Thrift Store, finding many designer items with tags still attached. Great way to save money and look good to boot.

#212142 - 04/15/11 02:43 AM Re: The Love for Vintage [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
When married we belonged to Amvets in Chicago, Illinois and I was shocked to see the items donated. New, and expensive even. I love to brouse thrift stores even when not looking for anything for myself, just brousing!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved