The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 36 of 37 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 >
Topic Options
#210908 - 02/05/11 08:34 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
I checked Kathryn Stockett's website and didn't see any other books listed. http://www.kathrynstockett.com/
Let's hope she's working on another one!

#210913 - 02/06/11 12:19 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Sandy N.]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I don't have the book here (lent it to a friend) but seem to remember something in the back of the book about a new novel she's working on.......I might not be remembering correctly.

#210966 - 02/09/11 02:37 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I'd like to recommend "Kaleidoscope Memories" by Cindy Oldham and her sisters. A member of NABBW, you can read about The Stees sisters stories celebrating childhood, family life @ www.NABBW.com...I've read "Kaleidoscope Memories" and must say, as jawjaw said, it brings back memories of the games we played and the trouble we got into. It brings back yesteryear, and the subjects discussed here. Great fun.

Anne,
I'm thinking your mom might be interested in watching Joyce Meyer's TV show, "Enjoying Everyday Life." Joyce was wrongfully treated and abused by her dad for many, many years.
And Joyce has survived breast cancer. Her positive thinking has helped me for several decades now. I just finished reading "Power Thoughts" and am re reading "Knowing God Intimately" and "Reduce Me to Love," Unlocking The Secret to Lasting Joy by Joyce.

Edited by jabber (02/09/11 03:16 PM)

#211112 - 02/17/11 02:46 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I'm reading two Joyce Meyer books at the same time and have
two more waiting in the wings. Can't seem to get enough of this
positive mindset thing. But then again, life has pushed me in that direction! LOL...

#211117 - 02/17/11 08:13 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Mama Red]
Coachjudith Offline

I am probably ready for the Shack again. I needed time before starting that one again.
Coach Judith

#211120 - 02/17/11 10:06 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Thanks, Jabber for suggesting my mother might benefit from watching Joyce Meyer's TV show, "Enjoying Everyday Life."

I will be happy to tell her about it. What network caries it?

She's not too much of a TV watcher. They watch the network news at 6 and a few shows like Masterpiece Theater" on their PBS station. But not much else, as far as I can tell.... They're much more into public TV than the commercial networks.

However, I'm sure she would be open to taking a look, given the high praise you are giving it.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#211121 - 02/17/11 10:11 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Jabber, thanks for bringing up "Kaleidoscope Memories."

Here's the link to the review on the NABBW site:
Kaleidoscope Memories
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#211131 - 02/18/11 07:21 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Anne,
Joyce Meyer is on the Christian TV Network, we have Dish Network, so I don't know what your mom would have. Joyce has a worldwide ministry, and has been preaching full time since 1980.

Thanks for the Kaleidoscope Memories link. Love it; it's a great read and jj did a wonderful review.

Edited by jabber (02/19/11 06:46 PM)

#211332 - 03/01/11 12:22 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: jabber]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

I got back my copy of Kathyrn Stockett's "The Help" -- unfortunately my friend lent it to her sister who managed to lose the paper cover that came on the hardback (argghh!!) There's nothing inside the book about a next novel. So I may have been wrong about that, unless it was on the inside flap of the paper cover. Sigh. Why don't people take care of things they borrow?? Why would you remove the paper cover from a book while you're reading it? I guess I was lucky to get the book back, my friend said her sister had to hunt all over the house to find it. My friend, who appreciates a good book, was annoyed with her sister for not taking care of it, too.

#211333 - 03/01/11 12:25 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

I am about 2/3 of the way thru The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Several friends have told me what a great series this is (this book followed by The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest). Anybody else read these or reading them? Can't make up my mind what I think, so far. I keep reading it, but I don't get what the big deal is. Yea I want to find out what happens, but it's not like I can't put it down (admittedly those kind of reads are hard to find and when you do it's so great!!) I have the next one in the series, but still need to pick up a copy of the last one, if I'm going to keep going, I guess.

Page 36 of 37 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved