The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#207579 - 09/10/10 01:58 PM I Can Make You Thin
Ellemm Offline

First of all, I'm not selling anything or pushing any products, but I did see a tv show awhile ago that stuck in my head, so thought I'd share if it's helpful to anyone. If people are interested in these principles, they can eat well without buying anything.

A man named Paul McKenna has a program called I Can Make You Thin (this is for folks who might want to look it up). His four principles of eating are this:

1. When you are hungry, eat.

2. Eat whatever you want, not what you think you should.

3. Savor every bite and eat slowly and carefully.

4. When you are getting full, stop eating.

That's it. He says that we should try to keep ourselves in the middle range between fainting from lack of food and feeling sick from overeating. In other words, don't starve yourself and don't stuff yourself.

Now, of course, it's a bit more complicated because we all have to recognize when we're truly hungry or just really want some stimulation because we're bored.

I think the method of eating is awesome. I'd guess this would be great to get over the idea that we need to be hungry or miserable. After that, though, I think we really do need to eat and enjoy foods that are good for us. There's not much use in getting thin on Cheetos and cheesecake. (well, maybe a little cheesecake.)

#207597 - 09/11/10 01:04 PM Re: I Can Make You Thin [Re: Ellemm]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Ellemm,
I like this idea. Sounds good to me!

#210728 - 01/27/11 07:42 PM Re: I Can Make You Thin [Re: jabber]
TheStoryLady Offline

Loc: Missouri
Good advice!

I also like to ask myself "Am I hungry" before eating something.

Also, if something doesn't taste good, I don't eat it. Someone handed me a truly awful cookie. It wasn't homemade, so there was no risk in hurting feelings. I threw it out to the animals.

I explained, "If I'm going to throw down some calories, I'd like to enjoy them."

Ronda
#1 bestselling author, speaker, storyteller & mentor
changing the world one story at a time!
http://ProfitableStorytelling.com/amazon

#210747 - 01/27/11 10:23 PM Re: I Can Make You Thin [Re: TheStoryLady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ronda, I can't stand wasting calories on food I don't enjoy. My problem is, I enjoy almost all foods!

#210860 - 02/03/11 06:31 PM Re: I Can Make You Thin [Re: Dotsie]
TheStoryLady Offline

Loc: Missouri
I feel ya, sista!

The "see food diet" right?

Ronda
#1 bestselling author, speaker, storyteller & mentor
changing the world one story at a time!
http://ProfitableStorytelling.com/amazon

#210867 - 02/03/11 08:06 PM Re: I Can Make You Thin [Re: TheStoryLady]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Given the weather we've been experiencing, I have been thinking that I MUST be burning a LOT of calories by getting outside to shovel and make my way down the hill to my mailbox.

So when I saw this link to the "Freeze Your A** Off" Diet from NABBW's Weight Loss Expert, Janice Taylor, and I had to share it with you!
Freeze Your A** Off Diet

Enjoy!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#210930 - 02/07/11 05:42 PM Re: I Can Make You Thin [Re: Anne Holmes]
Over_50_Health Offline

Loc: Vancouver
First - diets do not work.

Second - eat garbage and you WILL get fat and even exercise will not help.

Third - eat a "clean Diet". That means less processed food and more real food. Eat as much as you like.

Fourth - add in some exercise and watch the transformation begin.

You will be totally amazed. Age doesn't matter...
Download your FREE copy of "Fourteen Days To The Start Of A New & Better You"

#214034 - 07/28/11 12:35 AM Re: I Can Make You Thin [Re: Over_50_Health]
RachdGrm Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Rhonda,

Thanks for telling it like it is.

I have been struggling with ways to lose weight and I realize it's not an overnight fix.

Must eat clean!

#214038 - 07/28/11 12:50 AM Re: I Can Make You Thin [Re: RachdGrm]
RachdGrm Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Sorry ladies one more thing I'm curious to know if anyone has read "I Can Make You Thin?"

Hi Ellen--

Are you referring to the book "I Can Make You Thin," a book that provides a hypnosis cd to listen to after?

I am interested in knowing if you had used it before or even if hypnosis works on rewiring your mind to exercise more, eat less, etc.

#214052 - 07/28/11 06:43 PM Re: I Can Make You Thin [Re: RachdGrm]
Ellemm Offline

No, I saw a tv program with the author on it giving a lecture. He explained the basic principles and had people come on an testify about their own weight loss struggles. I know there is more to it, namely exercises in determining if you are actually hungry or just want to change the way you feel, plus hypnosis.

I just thought the basic idea was very interesting because it's simple: eat when you are hungry and stop as soon as you are not hungry. It's so easy to eat beyond that point.

For myself, I already exercise quite a bit. I'd like to lose 10 pounds and I'm sure my problem is portion control. I'm working on making substitutions, like veggies for bread, etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved