The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 37 < 1 2 3 4 ... 36 37 >
Topic Options
#180993 - 04/27/09 09:41 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Sandpiper]
Kathryn Magendie Offline

Loc: Western North Carolina
Just read Emma and Me by E Flock. I enjoyed the voice of the narrator, but needed a bit more hope...and the ending felt rushed. Good writing, though!

#181107 - 04/29/09 01:37 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Kathryn Magendie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Kathyrn, I'm really getting in to your book and am totally enjoying it. It reminds me a bit of The Glass Castle whicih I devoured. Have you read that?

#181267 - 05/01/09 02:38 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Dotsie]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
hundreds of back threads in .B.W.S land for all the wee poems and short dtories I have posted in bws from I joined...I rarely kept any copies but I am gonna be needing those litt;e nuggets oh some stuff!!!
If you got on personally from me would you do me favour and send a copy to me plz.

oh sorry, me manners!!

Hello Sweet Sisters..hope all are well.
big loves

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#181277 - 05/01/09 09:47 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Poppie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Poppie, I still have one of yours hanging on the bulletin board right beside my computer...I still read it at least once or twice a week. I'll send you that one if you need it (Triumph and Resurrection). I'll check through my PM's as well...I think I've kept every poem you've ever sent me. I'll send them back.

(Maya Angelou)

#181279 - 05/02/09 05:47 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Eagle Heart]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Currently reading:

Love Without End by Green (just started)

Unchristian:what a new generation really thinks about Christianity and why it matters by Kinnaman and Lyons (mid-way)

The divided mind:the epidemic of mindbody disorders by Sarno (just started)

Crazy Love by Chan (started this one, but have put on hold, as I fear I'll have to provide a book report to the one who so lovingly gave it to me to read -- need to concentrate while reading, in other words)

Reflexology: Health at your fingertips by Kunz (pick it up for a quick fix --- reading and rereading, as desired)

God's Problem by Ehrman (just finishing up)

#181291 - 05/02/09 10:57 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Hey gims. Good to see you again. I'll be loking around to hear how Mom's doing.

#181347 - 05/03/09 04:07 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Tjanks EH, your a wee gem for helping me to pull a substantial ammount of work back

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#181395 - 05/04/09 02:20 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

gims, I wish we lived closer for many reasons. We could book share. I's be interested in all the books you're reading except the reflexology one. Not sure why, but haven't gotten in to that yet.
Are you learning aything about it that's worth sharing?

I just finished: Resting in Him: I need to slow down, but I can't. It's a Women of Faith study book. I highly recommend it. It's allowing me to make slow changes toward slowing down.

Emerging Trends Every Online Entrepreneur Must Know - just getting in to this one. Haven't read enough to comment.

Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking - My youngest son gave this to me for my birthday. Unfortunately, I'm having to think too much to get in to it, but I'm hanging in there.

Tender Graces, by Kathryn Magendie (our Kathryn Magendie)
This is the book I keep trying to steal away to read. I can't wait to see what happens to the children I've come to love among the pages. This is an incredibly well written, face paced book about a dysfunctional family trying to make the most of life. You'll laugh and cry at their antics, wish you could kidnap the children and at time, smack the adults. Alcohol is at the root of the dysfunction.

#181396 - 05/04/09 02:21 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Kathleen, I appreciate your comment about being obsessive. I got a chuckle out of that. I also read several books at a time. Typically, fiction, non-fiction, and a faith based book.

#181430 - 05/04/09 10:14 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Dotsie]
Kathryn Magendie Offline

Loc: Western North Carolina
Oh! I'm so glad I came by to see this, Dotsie! blush I've been so stressed...trying to work on the second book, this that and the other getting in the way to distract me!

This just made me smile - thank you! smile

Page 2 of 37 < 1 2 3 4 ... 36 37 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved