The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#211096 - 02/16/11 02:36 PM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hi Chatty...yes, he and I were a match.com success story. Yesterday evening after he returned home from work, we were walking out to check on our bees...we always hold hands. Our dear friend, Miranda, her future MIL, and Miranda's cute, sweet baby daughter drove up to visit and saw us walking holding hands...she said she thinks that's so cute and sweet. We received a very long 'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww'.... smile And I think you're right...good ones are hard to find, but not impossible.

#211101 - 02/16/11 07:11 PM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: Dee]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Dee, I did not know you and Larry found each other through match.com. That is such a delightful story.

Steve and I met in a similar -- though more LOW TECH -- way, though I rarely speak of it: Our local newspaper had a classified section for dating, and we met through it.

Steve ran an ad and I was one of a half dozen people who answered it. Once we met, things really happened fast: We had our first phone call in September, our first date in October and were married the following February. Our anniversary was the 13th - and it's been 23 wonderful years.

I have often wondered why we moved so fast. After all, I had dated my first husband for three years before we got engaged. And then we married a year after that...

But all I can say is, we were more mature in our 30s, knew what we were looking for -- and recognized it when we saw it!

Strangely enough, the same month we met, I had been talking to my (very pragmatic) father, and he told me not to expect to marry again. He said, "You're in your late 30s, have two young kids living with you, and can't have any more children. Those are all strikes against you: No man wants to marry a woman who comes pre-equipped with kids. All men want to marry a woman with whom they can have children. And most men want to marry a younger woman."

Ah! My father. Don't get me started on how angry he can make me! He really knows how to push my buttons. But, that's fodder for a whole other discussion. I just try to remain grateful that I have a father who is still living...

Edited by Anne Holmes (02/16/11 07:59 PM)
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#211370 - 03/04/11 12:49 AM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ANNE AND STEVE...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#211447 - 03/07/11 07:29 PM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: chatty lady]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Thanks for the anniversary wishes - and the birthday wishes, Chatty! They're much appreciated.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#212667 - 05/06/11 05:51 PM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: Anne Holmes]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Anne...I'm just now getting around to reading this (sorry)...and what a way to show you dad he's wrong about some men. You sound happy, look happy and that's all that matters. I'm glad you found your sweetheart and I hope you have another 23 years of happiness.

#213375 - 06/11/11 10:45 PM Re: When I least expect it... [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I hope you have many more good years together to look forward to, those of you who have loving mates.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved