The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#213222 - 06/02/11 02:35 AM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: yonuh]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I didn't respond, Chatty, because I already know how you will feel about my answer. I passionately believe that there is no such thing as anyone being "beyond redemption". I don't have the time, wisdom, energy or inclination to judge anyone anywhere for anything...I have enough to tend to in my own heart and choices. It's enough for me that God knows all, knows the heart of each person and knows all the "why's" of their lives and choices...He created even those you would condemn and He calls each one His son or His daughter...I've experienced His mercy first-hand. And I trust His ability to deal with anyone anyway He chooses.

(Maya Angelou)

#213223 - 06/02/11 02:42 AM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
You probably also won't like what I'm about to share...I suppose I'm going to get a lot of negative flak...while so many were celebrating, my very first instinct and thought at the news that Bin Laden had been killed was to pray for him and ask God to forgive him...the words just instinctively without hesitation filled my heart and mind. I could not, and hope to God I never will be able to, celebrate the killing of any human being. I will be honest, and admit to being hopeful that his death might bring respite from his level of terrorism in the western world, but I still could not "celebrate" or feel happy about someone being killed.

(Maya Angelou)

#213224 - 06/02/11 03:16 AM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Thanks for sharing your point of view, Eagle Heart. I don't have a problem with your actions when you heard bin Laden was killed. Everyone handles news their own way, and as far as I can recall, there's nothing in the Bible that says we can't pray for our enemies.

In fact, doesn't Matthew 5:44 advise us to do so? Here's a link to a site with a number of translations of that verse: Bible Commentary
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#213252 - 06/04/11 05:36 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: Anne Holmes]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You know, the theory that the wicked prosper just isn't true. Not every evil person is happy, rich or prosperous. There are millions of good people who have prospered as well.

Eagle, I too felt sadness that Bin Laden died never knowing the beauty of love.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#213315 - 06/07/11 06:58 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: Dianne]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I agree with Dianne: not every evil person is happy.
But at times it does seem that those who have no concern for human life or for the rights of others, etc., prosper. And we see many who are responsible, caring persons struggling with afflictions (illness, financial hardship, injustice and other issues). That's why David's Psalm talks about it.

On the other hand,only God knows the motives and true intentions of our heart and what drives each of us to act the way we do. We are not capable of judging them correctly and that is not our calling.

I agree with Eagle: I do feel sad that people die without ever knowing or experiencing love. God loves each person and regardless of their wrongdoings, I believe we should respect life. He is the giver of life. Each day he gives us is an opportunity to choose to live for Him or choose to live selfishly for our own purposes.
NABBW & NAWW

#213332 - 06/08/11 01:43 AM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: Songbird]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Songbird, I understand -- yet, it can be such a selfish world in which to find intrinisic value. I agree that God's path is best and often the toughest.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved