The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 34 of 37 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 >
Topic Options
#210105 - 01/05/11 11:02 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: jabber]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Jabber,

Thanks for the extra info about Joyce Meyer. I'll try to add her books to my reading list.

So glad you enjoyed the recent Boomer Women's World New Year's message. If anyone would like to see what I said about Norman Vincent Peale, and is NOT on the NABBW mailing list - my holiday letter is posted at BWW - Happy New Year
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#210106 - 01/05/11 11:22 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Anne Holmes]
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Joyce Meyer is one totally on the point woman. I hope you can see her programs,and read her many books - she really brings the issues to the fore, from an edge that is where our generation is at..Plus on her program, that lady knows how to dress and keep it current (sad sideline, I know, but who of us does't need that perk? Joyce Meyer,she has a good ken of life as it rocks us, and she justs get to the business of things....I hope you can see her programs on tv...they are worthy of getting up really early and tuning in!

#210108 - 01/05/11 11:25 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: smilinize]
judym Offline

Water for Elephants..now a good and ponderous read, and so worthy! Read on, girls, it's all good! no matter what you pick up and deign to, it's all just reading and wonderful, and benefits we take some from it. Don't you know, our literature and reading teachers from long and well ago are so happy we keep our eyes and minds to what they taught us to appreciate!

#210109 - 01/05/11 11:28 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Anne Holmes]
judym Offline

got that, his autobiograhpy is really a wonderous ride. Reading it now. I am just so annoyed they want to change his words. It's just so wrong on so many levels. Wasn't he such a character in his life, despite his hardships? What an consummate American Author.

#210134 - 01/06/11 11:32 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: judym]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Huck Finn made news over here today. If there is anything that makes me cross is when folks tamper with Classic literature and history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12126700

Edited by Lola (01/06/11 11:35 PM)

#210145 - 01/07/11 02:57 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Sandpiper]
Sandy N. Offline

Loc: Washington State
I've been trying to read LITTLE WOMEN but I just can't get through it! I know it's a classic and all that, but I find myself skimming pages. Too much author intrusion and preachiness. I just finished Fannie Flagg's I STILL DREAM ABOUT YOU and enjoyed it. That's more my style.

A plug for my own book is included in my signature! It's a story of three Baby Boomer women who search for their high school steadies.

Edited by Sandy N. (01/07/11 02:59 AM)

#210146 - 01/07/11 03:01 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Lola]
Sandy N. Offline

Amen to that. If we took everything out of books that might be offensive, there wouldn't be much left to read!

Edited by Sandy N. (01/07/11 03:01 AM)

#210246 - 01/10/11 03:56 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: judym]
Sandy N. Offline

I loved Water for Elephants. Not the sort of thing I usually read -- man's point of view -- but it was fascinating. A glimpse at a time and way of life that I knew almost nothing about.

Edited by Sandy N. (01/10/11 03:56 AM)

#210247 - 01/10/11 04:00 AM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Dotsie]
Sandy N. Offline

Re Jodi Picoult: LOVE her books. My favorite so far is My Sister's Keeper. It was made into a movie, but I haven't seen it because I'm afraid it will disappoint me.

#210250 - 01/10/11 01:33 PM Re: What are you reading? [Re: Sandy N.]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I read My Sister's Keeper and I saw the movie (after I read the book). They changed the ending in the movie (Jodi Picoult used to have a statement on her website that once she sold the rights to the book she had no control over what they did in the movie, it might still be there I haven't looked). I don't know that I'd go so far as to say the movie was a disappointment -- it's still a good movie -- but you just need to be aware that unlike some movies I've seen where I've read the book and they followed the book pretty closely, this one had a very different ending. And as usual -- the book was better!!

Page 34 of 37 < 1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved