The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#208481 - 10/18/10 01:15 PM Why do the Wicked Prosper?
MustangGal
Unregistered

The Bible addresses this question in Psalm 73:

“A psalm of Asaph. Surely God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart. But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked. They have no struggles; their bodies are healthy and strong. They are free from the burdens common to man; they are not plagued by human ills.” 12 “This is what the wicked are like . . . always carefree, they increase in wealth. Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure; in vain have I washed my hands in innocence. All day long I have been plagued; I have been punished every morning.”

I've found myself not always following God's law, rather man's law, much like the wicked. Yet, God knows my heart and I often find myself punished; whereas, other wicked folk continue to prosper.

Why, then, do evil people, who make no pretense of believing in the Lord, receive blessings which appear to be from God while I have to pinch every penny?

And, what about those who profess to be Christians; yet, are not and simply hide behind the robe of religeon?

Edited by MustangGal (10/18/10 01:55 PM)

#208485 - 10/18/10 02:41 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Good questions Mustang. I've found myself asking these questions
many, many times. Where is God when good people suffer? Why aren't the evil people punished? What about the idea: No good
deed goes unpunished? I don't understand any of this. And these certainly shake a person's faith. But I've made a decision to
believe [God is a Good God]; He loves us. And He will bring justice whre justice is due, in due time. I've decided to believe it may look like the bad guys have gotten away with their evilness, but God will get 'em!

#208487 - 10/18/10 03:15 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: jabber]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Greed. And it's short-loved....only on earth. But believers' treasures are in heaven...eternally!

And remember; the bible says that it's easier for a camel to go thru the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to get to heaven.

#208494 - 10/19/10 12:38 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: Di]
jabber Offline

I know the Bible says that, Di. But it's generally the guys
without a dime, who commit such horrible crime. And the Bible
also tells us that God wants to bless His people. He came into the world, so we might enjoy the life He died to give us. But sometimes people who are not blessed, become jealous of those
who are. Then those who are down and out commit unspeakable crimes to snatch what doesn't belong to them. I guess you're right. We're back to greed!

#208499 - 10/19/10 01:01 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: jabber]
MustangGal
Unregistered

I've met so many rich and greedy folk working at law firms. I see how law firms can take someone's soul and slander their good name. Just b/c someone has an 'Esquire' behind their name does mean honor.

#208640 - 10/29/10 03:49 AM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: ]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
I see what you are saying, Mustang, but I can't hang all the greed on lawyers - despite that famous Shakespearean quote that says, "First kill all the lawyers..."

(Aside: Here is an interesting essay on that quote from a law firm: Kill all the lawyers)

I have experienced knowing/having to work with dishonorable, rich and greedy people in all walks of life - lawyers don't have a lock on greed.

The only way I have been able to come to terms with this is the same thing that was mentioned by others in this thread: They will get theirs in the end. Meanwhile, I will live by my own standards, and sleep well at night. And so will you...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#208798 - 11/06/10 03:50 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Me too. I do what's right. And I sleep great! Those who've done
wrong, I hope they never sleep!!!

That's not nice, but people should leave other folks' alone and let 'em enjoy their time here on earth.

Edited by jabber (11/08/10 02:18 PM)

#208869 - 11/09/10 04:26 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: jabber]
MustangGal
Unregistered

I couldn't agree more with ya Jabber!

#209428 - 12/05/10 12:29 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: ]
jabber Offline

To answer the question, "Why do the Wicked Prosper?" Even the
religious icons don't have any answer to this. I heard Joyce
Meyer say the other day, "She doesn't know why God allows war,
child abuse, and evildoing." She's been studying the Bible for
decades. And so have Il but I don't have the answer.

#209681 - 12/18/10 03:22 AM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: jabber]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i don't have the answeres and i don't have to have them.

i hope god dose't get em, becouse thats not gods place surley, thats a human construct of justice?
threads jumping about between material greed, people starving and without a penny being driven to do eveil acts, so greed or the need to eat or jst being human and tempted.

in truth i not sure god even notises who's got what becouse a good busness idea is a good bussness idea regardless of the human hart. i know my hart aint sant like enough to be considered clean enough for god and i not sure i know enough people who's harts are sant like.....

......glass houses and stones springs to mind....

i do know the world aint faire and i still belive thats a humane being type thing and not a god type thing that makes a destinction to who get good materially and who won't. that logic would have you belive that aragently the rich are the true good peoplebecouse they deserve to bve financally becouse thir good. its kinda self fullfiling argument and even the rotten apples be sitting thincking thir harts are good enough becouse god allows them thir riches.

in life ya meet all sorts of people its just important that we aint the ones covered in sin, of envey or lust, or hatting the rich or just hating anybody.

the only logic too it i can find is god just dose't govern who gets what in life, we do and we are also respoonsible for how we get it in life, thats our mane bussness. How good a person we have been and how filled our harts are with warmth love and compasion and how often we act that out in life and in the deepest bits of our harts is how i think, hope god judges us. and when we fail becouse we all will at some point in our life that god will be mercifull and just in his mercy.

i canb't work it out that anything else falls too some type of judment or punishment thats not about or based on love comming into play.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved