The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#209843 - 12/26/10 02:20 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Let's hope and pray the evildoers get theirs; and the good folks
excel in all they do.

#209852 - 12/26/10 11:44 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: jabber]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yea hellow ladies and ann.............

i am not so sure i said much diffrent from any of the rest of you but perhapps my way of putting it dowen might be diffrent or my examples are diffrent but mostly I said the same as most and thats simply material gain and goodness or rightchness ise't always so clear cut. ........but i am also good with you thinking it was diffrent at its core but i aint not so sure it is diffrent.

Meridith how do you reachone the karma balance is regulated if considerring reincarnasion? goood deads get rewarded with a better life in the next life. dose it ever go the opposite way.......a real hard life is the rewared for the previouse life success at overcomming adversity? how dose it address poverty striken cultures and is thir ever a risk that us in our developed wealth get arrogant over the less developed cultures? Dose it all pice together?

i not so sure i care about anyone getting thir punishment for whickied they have done, i not suure punishment stops the behaviour. maybee some love compasion and guidance teaches a corrective way to do something but the cold hard bitter sting of adversity is hard to imagine bringing about a more loving life rather than storeing up bitterness and bile.

jabber, id really rather have the folks that do whicked things in life be stoppped and corrected through love than punishment, i just think it works better, well it dose so with kids and adults we'r just a bitmore sofisticated kids lol.

mustange if your starting this chat in response to somthhing happening in life right now that your witnessing whickedness and prosperity and it shaking your faith then i am sorry. I know you know what its like to see the "good" church going ladies that gossipe and backbite and prosper and i rember that being a tough thing to witness.

i know i am just repeating myself but i don't think god bothers with that stuff as he/she be more intrested in whats going on inside us in relasion to our lifes no matter to how hard or easie it is.

I just hope your not soar over it as thats when it starts effecting our owen spirituality. Keep strong regardless of whatts going on in life, and i hope you don't get pulled over to any side becouse of it. just be true to yourself and you'll be doing well.

#209856 - 12/27/10 02:05 AM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: celtic_flame]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Celtic Flame, welcome back yee wonderful gal!

This has been an interesting conversation and I love everyone's honesty -- thank you for that.

Yes, Celtic, my faith -- what little I have left, I'm ashamed to say -- has been shaken. I've seen people with the most evilist of intentions inflict pain upon others for their simple pleasure. People who hide behind the law, their degrees, the Church, government, those in positoins of authority, neighbors, etc., who have purposefully inflicted pain upon me and others with malice.

I often wonder what is God's purpose for evil folk?

#209859 - 12/27/10 11:18 AM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: ]
Mountain Ash Offline

Celtic you say

"i not so sure i care about anyone getting thir punishment for whickied they have done, "

I agree in fact I believe that its not in my hands or thoughts to punish wittingly another human being.
My aim and mindset is to analyse why someone acts disrespecfully for my own peace of mind and growth.To aim for the ability to rise above and go peacefully about my life.Never to feed the fire of someone elses discontent or anger.Leaving them in time to work out an answer to their hostility.I just dont give my energy to unkind acts.
I respect I have never been homeless or hungry so maybe have never been tested.

#209860 - 12/27/10 01:05 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

MA,
I like that. Take the high road and let "God" be God; let HIM avenge whatever is wrong with the world.

#209862 - 12/27/10 01:17 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: jabber]
Mountain Ash Offline

No Jabber
I did not mention God..
and avenge is not in my vocabulary.

#209867 - 12/27/10 07:24 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

Guess that was my interpretation. Humans are complicated folks.
And we all see everything so differently. When you said it wasn't in your hands, I assumed you meant it was in the hands
of a higher power. Sorry for misunderstanding. And I still don't think anyone has the right to ruin another's life and get off
scotfree. This point of view is speaking from experience, not abstract expressionism.

#209871 - 12/27/10 10:05 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: jabber]
Mountain Ash Offline

Nor do I think anyone has the right to ruin anothers life.

#209872 - 12/27/10 11:21 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: Mountain Ash]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I think hoping and praying for someone to 'get theirs' is the same is taking revenge on someone. A philosopher once said that before you set out on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. People who focus on someone else's bad behavior and worry about whether they will be punished are only hurting themselves, in my opinion. I prefer to ignore people who behave badly. I can't control what they do; I can only control how I react. I prefer to focus on what I CAN do, not on what I can't control.

I also agree that it's wrong for anyone to ruin someone else. But when that happened to me, there was nothing I could do except continue to live my life and prove them wrong. It took several years, but I came out better than before when the person was spreading lies about me. There were times when I was angry, but I never once thought about revenge because I know what that can do to a person.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#209873 - 12/27/10 11:29 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: yonuh]
jabber Offline

I'm letting THE MAN upstairs even the score, ladies. I'm not
focusing on it in length, because my friend is in her grave; I'd rather be on this side of the equation than the other. The title of this thread has been a question asked down through the ages.
And it's worth stepping back and having a look. You can't just
shrug every distasteful situation off, like it isn't there. I don't see anything wrong in airing one's feelings, now and again. What say you?

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved