The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#209697 - 12/18/10 11:29 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: celtic_flame]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Celtic,
I like your signature. I'll say it again, "It's hard being human." God's ways are impossible for us to understand. And I guess we shouldn't even try. I've seen good people beaten down and nasty people thriving. That's life! Guess we shouldn't try to figure it out!

Edited by jabber (12/18/10 11:29 PM)

#209703 - 12/19/10 01:25 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Aaah Celtic is back again, with her interesting thoughts and philosophies. I missed those conversations.

Mustang you titled this thread;
Quote:
Why do the wicked prosper?

On the other side of the coin; - you certainly don’t have to be wicked to prosper. Thanks to many prosperous folks, a lot of poor people are being helped. Millions are poured into funds by the rich…Take Bill Gates for example and his club of millionaires.

In all of us, poor, rich, black or white, in all of us is a soul. In that respect we are all alike. We will all die and our souls will go somewhere peaceful and beautiful beyond our dreams. What happens down here, on earth, is just an interval. We have to simply make the best of it, - or not. Of course many don’t have a chance from birth on. Their release is when they die sooner than most of us and suffer no more.

I know you are having an incredibly hard time, Mustang. I am not in the position to see where the problem lies. All I can suggest is; - try a new strategy. If you keep pushing the same buttons nothing will change. I’m sort of in a slump what my own profession is concerned. I need to change my own strategy and adjust as to how the market has changed. Internet is the biggest competition for me. Many home owners simply present their homes on internet portals, not needing a realtor anymore. I simply know it won’t help if I keep running on the same treadmill; - thus I’m actively searching alternatives before it’s too late.

You and I know that being rich or poor has nothing to do with religion. I think we all have been tuned to believe; “being naughty shall be punished”.

Let’s just leave the bible aside for a moment, and imagine that just won’t happen. Isn’t it possible that everything in our lives, things we have done; - good or bad, will just pop like a bubble when we die? It just doesn’t matter how we behaved. Our lives here are just a tiny part of what is to come. Imagine that an element of us will never die; - the soul within us. We aren’t really all that unique. Instead, we are all part of one puzzle; the universe,( that doesn't have to mean there is no God), which we all share together in endless time.

So, if you believe that, like I do; then the life we have here is not about justice, rewards or punishments. It’s just about making the best of it, and enjoying moments that we have the privilege to experience. Right, that won’t get the food on the table, but getting that food on the table, can be a rewarding experience as well. If you aren’t able to do that, then your life plan must be changed, which leads us back to step one.

#209739 - 12/20/10 02:39 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: Edelweiss3]
jabber Offline

Edelweiss,
I agree with most of what you said in this last post, except the
line: "It just doesn't matter how we behaved." It matters in the
sense that some people go out of their way to destroy others'
lives. And that's wrong. We should, like The Bill Gates group, go out of our way to help our fellow man enjoy life. Not because we're trying to earn stars in our crown, but because it's the right thing to do. Lying about people and destroying their reputation 'n life, is wrong. And bad people should be stopped.
If God is a God of Justice, shouldn't He do something to stop it and protect the people who love Him and live in a righteous manner?

#209743 - 12/20/10 03:43 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: jabber]
Mountain Ash Offline

Do the wicked prosper ?

#209750 - 12/20/10 05:48 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Jabber, that’s just the point. Of course our behaviour matters here on earth. Those with a conscience generally don’t treat others wrongly. And those with a conscience, who have done harm to others, are punished by living with such a burden. But believing that we will be punished or rewarded when we die; - no I don’t believe that.

Punishment for doing wrong things are a man made indoctrination. What we may consider bad or good may not be so in another culture.

You asked;
Quote:
If God is a God of Justice, shouldn't He do something to stop it and protect the people who love Him and live in a righteous manner?
I think your question is also the answer. God can't be a God of justice. If he were , then why is there so much injustice? I believe when we die, we return to where we were before we were born. Our souls live and always will, and that we are all equal as souls.

I wonder if this is some sort of religion allready? In any case, I’m not following any religion nor have I been influenced by any readings. My own thoughts and visions have lead me to this belief.

One way or another, it’s always better for ourselves and for others to be as good as we can be.
On that I agree with you.

#209752 - 12/20/10 09:09 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: Edelweiss3]
jabber Offline

Edelweiss,
Yes. I guess we agree in a lot of areas. I don't follow any
structured religion either. I believe in God. I believe in Heaven. But as far as man made rules I have trouble believing in
so-called experts. More than not, I've found the "experts" don't know what they're talking about and if two agree on any one subject, it's a wonder.

MA,
Some wicked prosper physically, now and again, but never spiritually! IMO!

#209764 - 12/21/10 01:03 AM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: jabber]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Edelweiss, interesting thoughts.

Quite a few religions believe that out souls are immortal, and this body and life are just temporary way stations designed to teach us what we need to know for ascension. Some believe in reincarnation -- what we don't learn in this lifetime, we'll return & hopefully get it right next go-round.

The wicked obviously need to learn a hard lesson next time -- have a more difficult life, etc. -- which, of course, doesn't help the people they've screwed over in this life. Then, I realize many of you don't believe in reincarnation, so "he'll get his next time" really doesn't have meaning.

There are righteous people of all faiths, and of no faith. Same goes for wicked.

Poet and essayist

#209766 - 12/21/10 01:07 AM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: celtic_flame]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Welcome back, Celtic!! We missed you!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#209799 - 12/22/10 02:51 PM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Divine,
I agree with your assessment wholeheartedly!

Edited by jabber (12/23/10 02:23 PM)

#209841 - 12/26/10 12:36 AM Re: Why do the Wicked Prosper? [Re: jabber]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Guess, the tough part for me is knowing that people do exists to harm others whether rich or poor, their intent is to purposefully harm another. To purposefully inflict pain upon another for pleasure is evil. I see this

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved