The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#20939 - 09/10/06 01:04 PM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jane, as you know...she has a habit of doing that. I'm off to do a botx/bladder search to see what I can find.

Amazing. Here's one article at this link:

http://www.bcm.edu/findings/vol2/is2/04feb_n3.htm

#20940 - 09/10/06 07:01 PM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control
Mountain Ash Offline

Seriously girls...I wonder (and care) about previous generations of women.Did they even share concerns about bladders or did they suffer in silence.
We are so lucky to have the forum to share.
Mountain Ash

#20941 - 09/10/06 11:32 PM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now thats an interesting picture for the imagination, ha,ha,ha!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#20943 - 10/25/06 10:09 PM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
They were too busy slaving over a wood stove, fighting off the indians, and raising crops to wonder about bladders, menopause, or anything else. Getting scalped was their biggest concern.

#20944 - 10/26/06 11:44 AM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

mountain, great thought. We take all this communicating stuff for granted!

#20945 - 10/26/06 11:24 PM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
JJ still picturing some poor woman running from an Indian holding her hair...When thats going on a leaky bladder is the last thing she'd notice. Besides she would probably be pi--ing her pants from sheer fear. I know I would!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#20946 - 10/31/06 05:03 PM It's an age thing...Re: Menopause & Bladder [Re: XBWS]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Weak bladder and added years, seem to go hand-in-hand. I've done sit-ups 5 days a week, for years. Still, I have some problems every now and again. I lift weights. And I walk a couple miles a day. And yet I have problems. I know lots of women, who've gone or are going through menopause who have problems with the bladder. In fact, lots of women at all ages have that problem. I'd even venture to say, "It's a women thing." So, you're not alone.
Some of it could be structural: cramps, period, then menopause. But I doubt if a man has a clue what we gals suffer. It might be wise to ask a female doctor about this particular discomfort. Good luck!!!

#20947 - 12/23/06 05:24 AM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control [Re: ladybug]
aunty Offline

fyi, Indian women talked about menopause. I grew up listening to the elders, and I heard many women discuss it.
In the old days they were too busy running from the guys with the yellow stripe on their pant leg to live long enough to worry about menopause.

#20948 - 12/26/06 09:53 AM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control
Mountain Ash Offline

I only recently found out that it is possible to have a "prolapse" after hysterectomy.I believed once I had the op then I was set for life.
As our bodies change we must get to know them again in their new state.
I am to see a gynae/uroligist soon and will learn more...will share what I find out..
any one with addition knowledge.
Mountain ash

#20949 - 12/26/06 04:00 PM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Mountain, I think it happens due to the lack of estrogen. The walls weaken and organs begin to fall. Ask you doctor if taking estrogen would help. I think it will. I know soemone this happened to and there was a significant difference once on estrogen.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved