The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 186 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#20909 - 03/01/06 11:20 AM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control
Sandi Offline

Loc: Jupiter Florida
At 45, went toEurope/ my period, never to see that again!!! So...I say, take a trip. anyway
my doctor told me my test showed no more estrogen in my body. Nada, gone. she told me what was happening was "someone is knocking at your door, no answer, so knocking harder, still no answer, so the knocking gets heavier, problem is, Sandi, no one's home" wah......but when she told me menapause could last 10 YEARS! I freaked. And it did...gone, history, Thank You
My Higher Power!!! as for leakage, after I am done urninating...I get up, pull up my panites, and sometimes....oops there's more!!! but things could be worse...and yes, cough, laugh ...still happens....when I pee all over the floor with no
warning, that's when I'll worry. Kegal exercises
don't help, probably because I forget to do them!

#20910 - 03/01/06 11:23 AM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control
Sandi Offline

Not exactly the same subject, but menapause did cause my belly to get a bit larger!!! and larger!
and no, I didn't exercise...however, recently,
I'm taking a shower and as I'm washing, I could not imagine what was "down there" until I realized it was my thong!!!! I LOL...so funny, just thought I'd share THAT embarrassing moment!
Did it cause me to exercise? nah....

#20911 - 03/02/06 06:22 AM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
That is too funny and you are so courages to tell us about it even though I bet thats why many are afraid to wear thongs. I once said no need to wear one no one could see it anyhow, LOL...Exercise, nah, me neither...and ruin this matronly well earned psychique?? I think not! [Cool]

#20912 - 03/02/06 10:00 AM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control
Sandi Offline

chatty lady: I am not ashamed to tell the truth.
after all, at my age who gives a darn...as for the thongs, I hate panty lines to show, but I also dislike the back sticking tight in my behind! The "dunn lap disease" that I do mind, my when belly is dunlapin' over my pants...!! lol

#20913 - 03/03/06 06:20 AM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
You girls are to much for me. I never worn thongs and never will .This reminds of when I was at the mall and passed Victoria Secrets two old men were stareing at the manican with the bra and thongs on . I got a laugh out of that . Crazy old me had nothing to do , but stare at the thongs . I thought Gee....

[ March 02, 2006, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Renee ]

#20914 - 03/06/06 05:49 AM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
I had some bladder leakage, totally involuntary, nothing to do with running, coughing, sneezing etc but it doesn't happen anymore since I had my hysterectomy. I'm sure it was a heavy uterus pushing on my bladder that made it happen.

I learnt a wonderful way to urinate and strengthen the pelvic floor at the same time from a physiotherapist who specializes in women's health.

One needs to lean forward, down to between the spread legs.....this imitates the natural squatting position we should really be using. It then puts pressure on the bladder to empty naturally. When you are finished, imagine you need to flick off the drops and do 3 quick flicks, then another 3, wipe and then another 3. Get into the habit and you are doing the exercises several times a day without even having to think about doing them.

It's a good idea to teach your daughters too.

[ March 05, 2006, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: flossie ]

#20915 - 03/06/06 06:26 AM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
ROTFLMAO...sorry but trying to picture this did it to me. Do you flick from side to side or up and down??? [Big Grin]

#20916 - 03/06/06 11:24 PM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Ha ha chatty lady, I definately LOL at that comment!! Love to see you try and do it side to side!!

#20917 - 03/07/06 06:14 PM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control
ChristinaR Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Cartwheel, the exact timing of menopause varies widely. My aunt did not have her last period until she was in her early sixties. So don't be concerned. It will happen when it happens.

#20918 - 03/07/06 06:15 PM Re: Menopause & Bladder Control
ChristinaR Offline

Loc: Kentucky
quote:

I learnt a wonderful way to urinate and strengthen the pelvic floor at the same time from a physiotherapist who specializes in women's health.

One needs to lean forward, down to between the spread legs.....this imitates the natural squatting position we should really be using. It then puts pressure on the bladder to empty naturally. When you are finished, imagine you need to flick off the drops and do 3 quick flicks, then another 3, wipe and then another 3. Get into the habit and you are doing the exercises several times a day without even having to think about doing them.

[/QB]

Makes sense. I'll try it.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved