The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#207382 - 09/03/10 09:16 PM Someone Brag already...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It doesn't have to be about books, it can be anything right? Likie Dee who just finished a gorgeaous fairy Dress for her granddaughter. Or my loss of 16 pounds since August 7th. Not dieting just too hot to feel hungry I guess. Come on someone must have done something to brag about!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#209071 - 11/21/10 02:57 PM Re: Someone Brag already... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
If folks are like me, they don't feel comfortable bragging about
stuff. I read a poem somewhere that said, there will always be
someone greater than you, and someone with less than you, and that's how it is. No matter how good we think we are, there is
someone else who's better. And no matter how bad we think we have it, there is always someone else who's worse off. So I'm thinking that's why none of the boomers' replied to this post,
two and a half months ago. Because if anyone has done some huge
accomplishment, they don't want to put a curse on it by bragging. Maybe it's best to be humble. The Word says we should
love ourselves, but in a healthy way. I don't know; guess I'm bein' mouthy again!

Edited by jabber (11/22/10 03:29 PM)

#209448 - 12/06/10 01:20 AM Re: Someone Brag already... [Re: jabber]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Maybe bragging is just too strong a word, Jabber. How about something we are proud of that we've done or accomplished recently? There's nothing wrong with being proud of an accomplishment, whether it's getting your book or a poem published, selling a painting, losing a few pounds, finishing a sewing project or learning how to do something new. This thread was started with writers in mind, I believe, but that doesn't mean it has to be something about writing and I don't think it has to necessarily be bragging. Not that I've done anything. Just saying....

#209450 - 12/06/10 08:32 AM Re: Someone Brag already... [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I managed to clean my desk today. If you had seen it "before" you would understand why I'm bragging about it now.

#209453 - 12/06/10 06:20 PM Re: Someone Brag already... [Re: Edelweiss2]
Mountain Ash Offline

Your desk Edelweiss ...well done
my knitting bag and work basket are empty..All due to the snow keeping us at home.The fireside is a lovely place to be

#209455 - 12/06/10 08:44 PM Re: Someone Brag already... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Christmas cards...all done!! I can usually do it in one afternoon, but this year it took me several hours over 4 days. And that's with a much shorter list too (didn't feel up to doing the BWS exchange this year). Anyway, they're all done and ready to mail. Whoo hoo!

(Maya Angelou)

#209457 - 12/06/10 09:47 PM Re: Someone Brag already... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Woo Hoo to all of you! You deserve a hooray!

My desk is a mess, I haven't begun my Christmas shopping, nor have I even yet bought Christmas cards. I have even been putting off the weekly shopping because it is cold and snowy outside...

And yes, my fireplace hearth has been seeing more of me as I've taken to reading books by the fire. I used to do that as a kid and my father always good naturedly grumbled that I was soaking up all the heat and keeping it from getting out to the rest of the room...

But I DO have an intention to get the next "Boomer Women's World" in everyone's email boxes on the 17th and start publishing the "NABBW Member Update" on Fridays again, now that the new NABBW site is live. I'll let you know here, when I make it!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#209460 - 12/06/10 10:39 PM Re: Someone Brag already... [Re: Anne Holmes]
Mountain Ash Offline

Me too Edelweiss cards done...calendars for overseas tomorrow.

#209500 - 12/08/10 03:33 PM Re: Someone Brag already... [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I cleaned three closets and a dresser yesterday. I'm going through the house and cleaning everything; Christmas Eve I'm having company and always do some deep cleaning before I entertain. Have mailed some Christmas Cards but have more to
do. Right you are Louisa! Good point!

#209520 - 12/09/10 03:05 AM Re: Someone Brag already... [Re: jabber]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I knew you'd have something to post Jabber. smile I even did my cards last night.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved