The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 181 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#209417 - 12/05/10 07:08 AM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: orchid]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm so sorry to hear about Janis. That's a difficult diagnosis. Prayers are sent.

EagleHeart, you've been in my specific prayers for the past month or so. I send strength for your healing/

Poet and essayist

#209419 - 12/05/10 08:50 AM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: meredithbead]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I have just mentioned Janis to my friend, Chris, who has battled lymphoma for the past two years and is in remission. Together with my friend and many more in my Parish, we carry Janis' personal petition within our prayer circle.

Eagle, you're a hystersister!!! I had an OC scare four years ago which got snipped in the nick of time by TAH. Now that you have had your procedure, you must ensure that your post-op recovery involves a lot of rest. That also means no pulling, pushing or carrying heavy weights for some time. If you feel any cramps, it might help to take anything with peppermint. Pineapple juice also aids with internal healing.

#209420 - 12/05/10 10:10 AM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: Lola]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: Lola
Eagle, you're a hystersister!!! I had an OC scare four years ago which got snipped in the nick of time by TAH. Now that you have had your procedure, you must ensure that your post-op recovery involves a lot of rest. That also means no pulling, pushing or carrying heavy weights for some time. If you feel any cramps, it might help to take anything with peppermint. Pineapple juice also aids with internal healing.

Thanks Lola! It's 5am here and this is the worst time of day for me because of the gas cramps. Three dsys ago I was doubled over by them, and if I'm sitting when they hit, they literally pin me to the chair and I can't get up for a few seconds. So I read up on what had helped other “hystersisters” and bought myself some peppermint tea. It has helped tremendously, the cramps are much less severe. I’ve only been drinking it at night so far, hoping it would help with the mornings, but I think I’ll try drinking more throughout the day.
As for the lifting, etc, hubby’s doing EVERYTHING. As soon as I feel any strain anywhere I stop immediately and let him take over. WE’ve both decided we’ll give myself 4-6 weeks before even attempting to do much. He seems quite happy to pamper me for now, so I’m very blessed and lucky!

(Maya Angelou)

#209421 - 12/05/10 10:14 AM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: meredithbead]
Eagle Heart Offline

Originally Posted By: meredithbead
EagleHeart, you've been in my specific prayers for the past month or so. I send strength for your healing/

Thank you Meredith! I really felt the presence and strength of praying friends surrounding me the morning of my surgery. I went in with such serenity because of this strong sense of being lifted up by prayer and care. That has continued throughout my recovery, I can feel the extra nudges of strength helping me through. Thank you so much!!!

(Maya Angelou)

#209422 - 12/05/10 10:17 AM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

For Janis, you continue to be in my heart and prayers. I can imagine the fearful places you've been visiting lately, and send light and love to surround and embrace you. You know how much I love and care.

(Maya Angelou)

#209437 - 12/05/10 08:45 PM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: Eagle Heart]
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Prayers going up right now. Love and blessings and God's light and mercy

#209438 - 12/05/10 08:46 PM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: judym]
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Great power in prayer- tenfold or singly!

#209443 - 12/06/10 12:40 AM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Glad to hear there may be a light at the end of the tunnel Sharon. Will keep the prayers going for sure.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#209606 - 12/14/10 08:30 PM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Every boomer member here and their families are in my prayers. Blessings to all of you going through difficult times! Hold on and keep believing in a higher power!

Edited by jabber (12/15/10 11:11 PM)

#209660 - 12/17/10 01:41 PM Re: For Janis/Smilinize [Re: jabber]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I am saddened to learn that Janis is going through such a rough time. But I've been praying for my boomer sisters and will add this specific request to our prayer warrior list. This ministry is growing and God is ever willing to bless those who ask and trust.

Janis, don't forget you are a child of the King and He loves you deeply. He is your Healer and your strength. We will lift you up in prayer. God is in control and He cares for you. So do we.

Sharon, I am glad they found the cause for your anguish. I pray you have a full recovery and that you can continue to bring joy to others in your path. I've been praying for you and so are many prayer warriors. May God continue to bless you abundantly!
NABBW & NAWW

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved