The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#208445 - 10/15/10 02:54 PM Re: Need advice...help! [Re: katebcca]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Oh, good, Kate! I think in situations like this we tend to look on the negative side. That's human nature, and it takes great effort to be positive in bad situations. Your boss' advice sounds wonderful and so simple!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#208447 - 10/15/10 05:00 PM Re: Need advice...help! [Re: katebcca]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Hi Kate,

Thanks for the update. I am so happy to know that your meeting turned out to be a brainstorming meeting. That's what I'D HAVE INSTITUTED had I been the boss in question... but one never knows with others.

As I see it, eliminating a salesperson who knows the advertisers and has relationships with them is a last ditch sort of effort -- not something to institute in a first tier of belt-tightening efforts.

Glad you are feeling better now. And so happy you told your boss you don't enjoy working from home. He needs to know that...
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#208874 - 11/09/10 11:12 PM Re: Need advice...help! [Re: katebcca]
shannonboyles Offline

Loc: VA
Kate,

I started reading your posts, and I was getting so nervous for you! I am glad the visit was a good one with positive steps moving forward.

I may be overstepping here, but as someone, who has been in both print media and ecommerce, it is very difficult to retain local advertisers. Their advertising dollars are being spent else where or they are trying "new" things to bring in revenue.

I recommend taking a partnership approach with them - we're in this together - how can I assist you in your marketing needs - what do you need from us?

Of course, you know how they will answer - more customers and less rates - but I once had a local ad rep say these words to me, and they got me thinking:

"Lately, the only people advertising are businesses going out of business."

I did not pull my ads, but we worked together to create a new look, and it worked. He also helped me with the rate.

Again, I hope I'm not over stepping. It's hard for small businesses right now, and advertising is key, as people won't come to you if they don't know you're there.

Good Luck!

Shannon

#209884 - 12/28/10 10:16 PM Re: Need advice...help! [Re: shannonboyles]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Wow, I have not been on here for a while. Thank you Shannon for your great advice. I am taking the "we are here for you" approach, a partnership type relationship. It is working some what.

Just nice to know that my company has finally discovered that if they support their sales people and do what they can to help them, that they will do better.

The boss I met with is a new boss, a former sales person that bought the company. He has given up his sales position to help out the sales team. I find him a breath of fresh air. Before him I never heard from my company unless sales were down. If they were up and sometimes really up, I never heard a word.

It is still tough in the advertising industry but it appears no business is having a great time, accept the banks that is.
Kate

#210141 - 01/07/11 02:42 AM Re: Need advice...help! [Re: katebcca]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My DIL lost her job of 19 years in the Mental Health profession because a woman she had worked with for many years, the office trouble maker and gossip, got promoted to my DIL's BOSS when tre man in trhe job retired. It took her only three weeks to trump up a reason to fire her and several others. You see my DIL refused to gossip or spread nasty things about others and this woman slept with the head woman, yes, I said woman, and got a bedside promotion it seems. So one never knows does one???? here is a class action now against the head woman and the one who fired my DIL and others.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#210165 - 01/07/11 02:56 PM Re: Need advice...help! [Re: chatty lady]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
That's awful, Chatty! I know this kind of thing goes on everywhere. But I suppose some people are just nasty!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#210167 - 01/07/11 06:27 PM Re: Need advice...help! [Re: chatty lady]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Wow! Sorry to hear that, Chatty! A class action sounds pretty significant.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#210170 - 01/07/11 07:31 PM Re: Need advice...help! [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Gosh, Chatty. That really sounds like nasty stuff. Maybe you should join me in reading Joyce Meyers, "Power Thoughts"; I'm only starting Power Thought #4, but I see a difference in the
easing of tensions, already. Good luck with whatever is going on
your life. Prayers and blessings...

Okay, here are her 12 power thoughts, in my words:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
God loves me unconditionally.
I will not fear.
I will not be easily offended.
I love people and gladly help everyone I can.
I trust God completely, so there's no reason to worry.
I am content and emotionally stable.
God provides my every need abundantly.
I will pursue peace with God, myself and others.
I will live in the present, enjoying every momment.
I am disciplined and have self-control.
I will put God first in everything.

Edited by jabber (01/29/11 07:07 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved