The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#20802 - 11/17/05 06:06 AM Re: Brain blocks
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Bluebird...
My first grade nun told me that the Blessed Mother finishes your rosary for you if you fall asleep..that has always been such a great comfort to me as I drift off to sleep..as a little girl I used to imagine Mary sitting on my bedside just waiting for me to drift off...now..maybe it's menopause...but i can get in 6 or 7 rosaries and I am still wide awake!!! What's the deal with that??? Anyway...you are the first person I have heard of to say that. [Smile] besides me...

#20803 - 11/17/05 07:01 AM Re: Brain blocks
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Avalon, we were having this discussion at my Bible fellowship last week and someone said it. I had remembered hearing it years ago. It is a beautiful picture, isn't it? I used to also feel bad if I prayed the rosary and was so distracted that I didn't think I was focusing on the mysteries. I had also remembered someone saying praying it was like handing Mary a bouquet of roses. Then I realized that when your child hands you a bunch of half dead dandelions, it's just as precious as red roses. So I figured even if my rosary looked like the dandelions, Our Mother would still treasure it.

#20804 - 11/17/05 11:05 AM Re: Brain blocks
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Beautifully said Bluebird...after my last post I remember my mother telling me that if we sang the rosary the prayers would go straight to Mary's heart...maybe I'll start singing them again...can't hurt..right? [Wink]

#20805 - 11/17/05 07:44 PM Re: Brain blocks
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yep, my recommendation for insomnia is a hot bubble bath before bedtime. It relaxes the body, warms you up, and produces snuggly thoughts. Why not give it a whirl? I take one very night!

#20806 - 11/17/05 07:46 PM Re: Brain blocks
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh, and about praying in the middle of the night...I recall being in a Bible study when I was nursing my youngest and still feeding my daughter bottles. Someone recommended praying while being awake in the night. It made a world of difference during those years. Instead of being antsy and frustrated about being awakened in the night, I began feeling so very blessed to have the opportunity to be awake in the middle of the night holding my little bundles. Perspective is everything!

#20807 - 11/18/05 08:41 AM Re: Brain blocks
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
You know Dotsie, last year I had a whirlpool tub placed in my bathroom. Pure heaven and I just love filling the tub with smelly goods and relaxing. Here lately I have had my share of UTI's, so my tub use has been non-existant lately.

As for the middle of the night praying...tried it last night. Found myself praying then all of
a sudden I'm asleep again.
Didn't even take a sleep pill...

#20808 - 11/17/05 09:02 PM Re: Brain blocks
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
LOL Brenda! I was awake for hours last night and for the first time in years, all my praying didn't help (well, it didn't help me fall asleep, but hopefully helped someone else somewhere in the world!)

But this time I can blame the insomnia on the few sips of coke I had around 7...I rarely drink cola after 5, but had a coughing fit here in the basement and the coke was the handiest. Stopped the cough but kept me awake for hours!

[ November 17, 2005, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#20809 - 11/18/05 01:23 AM Re: Brain blocks
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Never drink Coke anymore but when I did anything after 3 p.m. kept me up.
Oh...and I so loved coke. [Frown]

#20810 - 11/22/05 11:37 PM Re: Brain blocks
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Still existing on 2 to 3 hrs sleep here. Mostly during the day. My Doc was sick today so I had to see the young male version.
He said' menopause won't kill you'. The male attendant said, 'get rid of the guns.' Sleeping pills, new cream, hormone therapy and a cortisone shot" Doc said. I said...yeah...I'll thin abbad it.
The young male Doc just didn't get where I was coming from. Not sure the young female Doc will either. What I need is a middle aged menopausal Dr...can we talk? Geesh!
I think skin should come with a zipper...today I am ready to jump out of mine!

chick

#20811 - 11/23/05 12:07 AM Re: Brain blocks
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
That's the one thing I do appreciate about my doctor. She may not be as proactive as I might prefer her to be, but she's my age, going through the same menopausal symptoms I'm experiencing, and even vacations at the same place in the Caribbean. I do end up doing a lot of my own research and investigation, but when I go in and ask her to follow up on some of the tests that are suggested either here or in the course of my research, she's happy to do it. She's often called me at home in the evening to either tell me the results of the tests or to add some more information that she's found in her own research.

I guess it took me awhile to recognize what a gift she is...because she wasn't so proactive, I often wondered if she was the right doctor for me, but given your experience, Chick, I think I'll hold on to mine!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved