The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#207678 - 09/14/10 04:06 PM Dealing with the unexpected
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dear friends:
We recently lost mom, unexpectedly. I just came back last weekend form P.R. I feel like I still have not had the time to deal with this immense loss.

If you've gone through a loss, What has helped you the most?
We have many great memories and I have hope. Jesus is coming soon and the separation is only temporary. Still... I've been so busy...
NABBW & NAWW

#207685 - 09/14/10 05:09 PM Re: Dealing with the unexpected [Re: Songbird]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Songbird, I'm so very sorry to hear about your Mom. My heart aches with yours at this time of profound sense of loss. Losing one's mother is such a life-changing loss.

I'm still making that journey through grief, having lost so many family members in such a short period of time. What helped me the most was being surrounded by love, the love of hubby, his family, my sisters here at BWS and clinging to my faith. I was very angry with God after my brother died, so had to deal with that loss at the same time...but it didn't take long before I found myself crawling back into His heart for solace and strength.

Our faith gives us the hope of seeing our loved ones again. And for me, my faith has also given me the strength to hold onto the conviction that we're all here for our time and purpose, and that as long as we're still breathing, we're still meant to be here, not there. That gives me courage to keep going, despite the agony of absence and yearning to see them all again.

Keeping you in prayer and heart, Songbird. So many of us have experienced loss of parents and/or other loved ones. There's comfort in knowing that others have walked that path and made it out okay. I hope you find loving support in our hearts and words.

Edited by Eagle Heart (09/14/10 05:10 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#207688 - 09/14/10 05:56 PM Re: Dealing with the unexpected [Re: Eagle Heart]
Songbird Offline

Thank you, Eagle.

Love makes a difference. I know I have a family in my church, my friends, etc. Yes, I agree feeling loved helps. Thank you for sharing this with me. I truly appreciate it. At times I still think this is just a dream, but it's not so.

Life continues til God fulfills his purpose on each of us. I pray He can continue to fulfill His purpose in my life.

Blessings!
NABBW & NAWW

#207690 - 09/14/10 06:06 PM Re: Dealing with the unexpected [Re: Songbird]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Songbird, thanks for sharing your grief with us. We will keep you in our prayers, of course.

I agree that love is going to help you and your family get through this time of grief. So will journaling, eating right, making sure you get exercise and finding a project you can work on that you can dedicate to your mother.

Bless you!
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#207715 - 09/15/10 12:42 PM Re: Dealing with the unexpected [Re: Anne Holmes]
Songbird Offline

Dear Anne:
Thanks so much for your prayers and words of wisdom.
Your ideas are truly helpful right now as I try to sort out all that's been happening.

I was telling a friend how this might just be the experience to help me finish a project I've been working on regarding helping others in difficult times. With such a powerful experience going on right now, I can test and re-test all I've already written plus add fresh insight and perspective.

Thank you!
NABBW & NAWW

#207740 - 09/16/10 12:41 PM Re: Dealing with the unexpected [Re: Songbird]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Eagle,
Today I'm walking through grief. I have many loved ones in the
Arms of The Lord. It's difficult not being able to kiss 'em
and hold their hands, here. But I have the memories and understand what you're saying. Prayers and blessings,

#207742 - 09/16/10 12:42 PM Re: Dealing with the unexpected [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Songbird,
Sorry about your momma. May the Holy Spirit give you comfort!

#207745 - 09/16/10 02:51 PM Re: Dealing with the unexpected [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Songbird, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. My condolences.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#207756 - 09/17/10 01:26 AM Re: Dealing with the unexpected [Re: yonuh]
Songbird Offline

Jabber and Yonuh, thanks. God bless each of you.

Jabber, I am sorry you've gone through so much pain.Maybe you can share some of the things that have helped you through the grieving process. It might just help me now and others too.

I know God understands our pain and gives us the comfort we need to carry on. Please know that God loves you and so do we. Feel His embrace?
NABBW & NAWW

#207759 - 09/17/10 12:33 PM Re: Dealing with the unexpected [Re: Songbird]
jabber Offline

Songbird,
My faith in God is what got me through the last 5 plus years.
Asking members here, to hold her up in prayer, and believing
they did was strengthening. When I was feeling lower than subsoil, they wrote words of encouragement, which uplifted my spirit and emotional countenance. My friend was in real trouble, and though I tried to help her, I was unable to save her. It was 1 vs. 12; those are bad odds. I know the angels and all of Heaven are rejoicing! Prayers and blessings to everyone here!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved