The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#20745 - 10/16/05 06:50 AM Re: Why is there air?
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Eagle, I enjoyed your "long winded" answer. You know from reading TEARS that I had a similar experience. My counselor was the instrument God used to tell me that I was worthy of being on this planet simply because I am a child of God. That is very moving that one thing you could do from bed was to pray for others. Someone here has a great signature: Prayer is not the least but the most we can do for each other. I learned to ask not for what I want from God, but what does God want from me? To give and receive love its all its various forms, including kindness and compassion. Love and Light, Lynn

#20746 - 06/20/06 08:51 PM Re: Why is there air?
cara4art Offline

Loc: north-central New Mexico
Count me in with the highly sensitive people - until I checked out that site a few years ago, I didn't know that that there were others like me! I scored very high on the level of sensitivity, too. It is really a challenge for us, as 75% of Americans are extroverts, and they often think we are just being anti-social, etc. when we don't enjoy the same things they do. It took my husband awhile to understand this too, as he is more outgoing than I am for sure.
It is really to come to know that sensitivity is a gift instead of a liability, and to find the areas of life that use that, like creative activity of just about any sort, counselling, dreamwork, shamanic practice, work with the dying, alternative medicine, etc. Plus really taking a look at the daily life and seeing how you can rearrange your schedule. For some folks this may mean a drastic change of life, depending on the level of disconnect between their core selves and their external situation.
Last but not least, this time of life is really a gift too, in coming to grips with the importance of the inner life, and less emphasis on external trappings of status, "stuff", etc. With full intent and motivation, therapy/spiritual work can be very fruitful at this time for tuning into what's really important. Like eagleheart(a wonderful username BTW)it often takes a "dark night of the soul" passage as part of the process. Believe me, I know, I've been there, and hugs to all who have been, or are there now.

#20747 - 06/20/06 09:11 PM Re: Why is there air?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Cara, I too, am a HSP. Discovered this a few years ago and it has helped me SO much just to know it. The knowledge has helped me to become much more sociable and confident so I no longer think of myself as shy and introverted. I need my quiet time, which isn't easy in a large household like mine. I still don't like large gatherings (except church)as the noises and "vibes" make me anxious. It is difficult having these sensitivities but I truly believe it is a great gift in that it helps me be more sensitive to others.

#20748 - 06/20/06 10:51 PM Re: Why is there air?
Val Offline

Loc: Pa.
I just took the HSP test and "passed" with flying colors. I never knew there was a name or info on something like this. Wow. Thanks for the info. To top it off I am an "HSP" who has "PTSD" (post traumatic stress something or another)sounds like a spelling bee:)

#20749 - 06/21/06 02:34 AM Re: Why is there air?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I can attest to being somewhat HSP and am not to uncomfortable as long as I know where the restrooms are. Plus no matter what, I always take my own car everywhere so I can get away whenever I want or need to. My problem is not when I get somewhere usually I sort of come to life, its leaving my home to get somewhere that I find difficult and can usually wiggle my way out of going and thats sad and stupid and I know that.

#20750 - 06/21/06 04:06 AM Re: Why is there air?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Val, don't you think it will help you understand yourself better? I know it has helped me so much and I have to thank my brother for telling me about the HSP book a few years ago. Now that we both know we are HSP, we love to get on the phone and say "does it bother you when...?" We are almost always in agreement. I think being a HSP makes him the great writer that he is.

#20751 - 06/21/06 06:03 AM Re: Why is there air?
Val Offline

Loc: Pa.
Jackie, Yes I do think it will help and I am glad to have the info. I will most likely buy the books at some time in the future. I passed the info onto someone today actually so they can take the test also. Thanks again.......

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved