The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 186 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#207249 - 09/01/10 12:39 PM Re: JEANS? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, we don't have that store, but we may sell that brand. I'll have to check.

CQ, I also wore NY&C jeans years and years ago.

Also, I don't mind paying more for jeans because that's all I wear in the winter.

#207251 - 09/01/10 03:06 PM Re: JEANS? [Re: Dotsie]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I use to wear Levis but it got to be annoying that the sizing and fit were never consistent...2 pairs of jeans the same style and number never fit the same. I wear some Lee jeans, but I wear mostly Aura bootcut jeans from Wrangler. I love the fit. With these jeans, you wear a size smaller than you would normally wear. I don't know if that is a selling gimmick, thinking you are a size smaller than you really are. It doesn't matter to me whatever their reasoning is behind it. I like the jeans. They wear well, and feel great on.

#207270 - 09/01/10 05:49 PM Re: JEANS? [Re: Cookie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Aura from Wrangler. I think Penny's has Wrangler. Wow! This is going to be more of an adventure than I anticipated. Eagle, that's good how your jean fitting session went. I don't think we have Reitman's here. I do think that sizing has changed. I used to sell suits and dresses and party wear at a Bullock's in Costa Mesa, CA. I don't think Bullock's exists anymore. It was like Nordstrom. Anyway, the higher end the line, the smaller the sizes, to flatter the customer's ego.

#207275 - 09/01/10 05:58 PM Re: JEANS? [Re: Princess Lenora]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
hadn't heard of Aura from Wrangler will have to look for those. the Sonoma jeans I get at Kohl's run large too and I wear a size smaller in them, and I've often wondered the same thing about the sizing..............do they think that because it makes me feel good to think I wear an 8 instead of a 10 that I'll buy more?!?
We don't have Reitman's here.

#207283 - 09/01/10 07:45 PM Re: JEANS? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
MustangGal
Unregistered

I like Kohl's Sonoma brand for ladies, too; however, the jeans are too short! I need 34" length!

#207386 - 09/03/10 10:08 PM Re: JEANS? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I like Gloria Vanderbilt and Calvin Klein jeans. But I like any brand that feels good and fits comfortably. I like Naturalizer
shoes and reasonably priced handbags with lots of compartments.
I'd rather wear blue jeans than get dressed up. Suppose that's the farmer in me. LOL...Fun topic!

#207399 - 09/04/10 01:20 AM Re: JEANS? [Re: jabber]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Sizing in women's clothing seems to be all over the place. It used to be that a size six (or whatever) was the same for all brands. Now it's like shooting craps. I can't trust that my size in one brand will fit if I pick that size in another brand. It's really frustrating! I can no longer pick out something in my size and trust that it will fit; I have to try on everything now.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#207401 - 09/04/10 12:35 PM Re: JEANS? [Re: yonuh]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Yea I know what you mean. And it's not just jeans......it's everything. T-shirts -- in one brand, a large is too big. In another, it's too small. And bathing suits -- well we don't even want to get into the sizing on them. I need bigger boobs and a smaller belly (want to just push the belly up and apply it to the boobs but gravity is against me). I almost never order any clothing online or thru catalogs for this reason. I just don't want to have to mess with shipping it back if it doesn't fit.

#207405 - 09/04/10 12:56 PM Re: JEANS? [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
yonuh & crosstitch,
I agree, sizing is thither and yon. Generally I take a medium,
but the last few years have had to try each item on, because a medium isn't a medium any longer!

#207409 - 09/04/10 03:13 PM Re: JEANS? [Re: jabber]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I looked at Calvin Klein and Nine West jeans in a big box wholesale warehouse store yesterday. Size was so difficult to determine, plus, the length! It was too daunting so I gave up.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved