The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#206650 - 08/08/10 06:45 PM Re: Addictive Minds? [Re: Anno]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
Thumbs up to Jabber!!

#206675 - 08/09/10 01:41 PM Re: Addictive Minds? [Re: greene]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Thank you, greene!

#206701 - 08/10/10 01:25 PM Re: Addictive Minds? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

All I can say is, may the Good Lord bless the babies born addicted to drugs. There seems to be a lot of injustice in
the world. On the other hand, we're surrounded with blessings, too.

#206714 - 08/10/10 06:50 PM Re: Addictive Minds? [Re: jabber]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Don't get me started on the crap that parents impose on their unborn children! I have never understood why someone who wants to waste away their life thinks it is okay to bring a child into their mess.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#206717 - 08/10/10 07:58 PM Re: Addictive Minds? [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I can't think of much worse that you can do to a child.

#206726 - 08/11/10 01:37 AM Re: Addictive Minds? [Re: Anno]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
What a topic for me to tune into upon my return to BWS. Nearly every name on this thread knows that I am an advocate for victims of domestic violence and child abuse. Let me mention something often over-looked in the Lindsey Lohan saga. She was sexually abused as a child/teen. I do not know the perpetrator and I don't have time or inclination to research her particular history. I do know that she is estranged from her father (is that a clue as to the perp, I don't know... I do know he exploited her). This history with Lindsey came out when she did "Georgia Rule" with Jane Fonda. To see Lindsey's history, see that movie, in which she was a victim of child sexual abuse. Abuse leads to addiction, alcoholism, suicide attempts, self-injury, and an entire catalogue of self-destructive behavior. To go to a mental health facility may mean that she is being treated for depress/anxiety/suicidal ideation, all ramifications of abuse. Top the history of abuse off with a genetic predisposition toward addiction or mental illness, and you've got a train wreck. Lindsey represents hundreds of thousands of adults who were victimized as children, except that Lindsey has to live it out in public. May she be helped before she drives herself into a tree, or kills an innocent bystander.

#206727 - 08/11/10 01:47 AM Re: Addictive Minds? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
It's a fact that unemployed drug-dependent women get pregnant on purpose to receive more funds from state for each child she has, money that is used for more drugs. Also, it is like Eagle said about talking to the drugs/alcohol, and not the person. With Lindsey Lohan, we have witnessed her as unreachable because she is either under-the-influence, or not yet thinking clearly with sobriety. How can a mental health facility not have adjunct services/therapy for detox/rehab?

#206741 - 08/12/10 12:34 PM Re: Addictive Minds? [Re: Princess Lenora]
jabber Offline

PL,
I agree, Perhaps all the drug abusers have been abused in one
form or another and that's why they used drugs, to dull the
pain. And I agree with Edelweiss that the worst thing anyone can
do is bring children into their mess. Been there. Done that.
And it isn't pretty!

#206756 - 08/12/10 10:00 PM Re: Addictive Minds? [Re: jabber]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
I've always thought that all substance abuse programs should be dual-diagnosis programs. It would be interesting to know the percentage of addictsthat also have a mental health diagnosis.

#206776 - 08/13/10 01:21 PM Re: Addictive Minds? [Re: greene]
jabber Offline

GREENE,
I'm NO doctor, but I think the fact that people abuse drugs,
would automatically screw up the brain; therefore, they couldn't help but have some form of mental health problems!!! sleep

Edited by jabber (08/13/10 01:22 PM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved