The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#206445 - 08/04/10 10:48 PM Designer Rooms
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ever seen a room in a friends new home that they paid a designer a fortune to design and it is as ugly as all get out? I have, and still haven't told my neighbor what I think. She loves it and thinks it is so different. I'll say!!! I have no words to even describe the new living room so I am avoiding her. MY ex met her husband at the clubhouse and he is devastated and hates the room and the price...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#206529 - 08/06/10 04:30 AM Re: Designer Rooms [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Chatty, what does the room look like?

I think a room should have a harmonious atmosphere. Everything should go together. Of course some exceptions are allowed, but basically a room should have no more than three main colours and a theme like; country, modern, beach, etc. I think you can learn alot from hotel lobbies or even restaurants.

#206530 - 08/06/10 10:29 AM Re: Designer Rooms [Re: Edelweiss2]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'd love to hear what it is that you don't like. We're getting ready to do our dining room and bedroom. The theme is less is best with simple colors, and NO wallpaper. The dining room currently has wallpaper above the chair rail, and the bedroom has a border all the way around and paper on one wall. Can't wait to make some changes that will lighten up the rooms.

EW, we also soak things up when we travel. We got the idea for an arched doorway from The Inn at Perry Cabin when we stayed there right before we turned our two car garage in to a kitchen.

http://www.perrycabin.com/web/omic/inn_at_perry_cabin.jsp

We've been there a few times. You'd love it. It's right on the water! One time we went by boat.

#206588 - 08/07/10 06:52 PM Re: Designer Rooms [Re: Dotsie]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Can't say I was ever much of an interior designer.

That said, I tend to like wall colours on the lighter side with contrasting colour in furniture and textiles. I find dark coloured walls not great especially in winter or on grey days.

I would think that as a person gets older and their circle of family shrinks and friends change, it's better to lean towards more harmonious, "lighter" colours that are relaxing yet uplighting in nature.

In my most 'rebellious' energetic tastes, i still prefer lighter coloured rms., but some exotic/ odd touch of flamboyance in colour accents or flowers, paintings. I couldn't be completely bland/conservative in taste.

Edited by orchid (08/07/10 06:53 PM)

#206598 - 08/08/10 01:10 AM Re: Designer Rooms [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Not sure why but this woman allowed the designer to create a room that looks like a DISCO lounge. Polka dots, stripes, weird color combos and splashes of deep bright colors she calls youthful. It made me nauseous I kid you not, nothing matches...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved