The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#206328 - 08/01/10 09:33 AM Chelsea & Marc Wed
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Chelsea and Marc wed today, and what a wonderful wedding it was. She looked goregeous and he handsome. Hillary Clinton and ex President Bill Clinton also looked quite nice. Hillary finally dropped the pants suit and wore several lovely gowns. No problems arrose and all went smoothly. It's nice to see Chelsea who was an exemplirary first daughter in the White House have such a lovely day. She is a very good, thoughtful, intelligent young woman.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#206332 - 08/01/10 11:50 PM Re: Chelsea & Marc Wed [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I'm glad the wedding went well and there were no problems reported. I like Chelsea and Marc sounds like a good guy.
What a wedding it was. Awesome!

#206359 - 08/03/10 05:56 PM Re: Chelsea & Marc Wed [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I love the way the Clinton's tried to keep the wedding as private as possible. It was a real gift to their daughter.

It was ncie to follow something that was good news for a change.

#206371 - 08/03/10 10:13 PM Re: Chelsea & Marc Wed [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Agree. I'm all for good news; there's enough of the other kind
to choke a herd of horses!

#206678 - 08/09/10 04:04 PM Re: Chelsea & Marc Wed [Re: jabber]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
In my opinion, this was one of those rare cases when both sets of parents could learn from their children instead of the other way around.

Regarding the wedding itself: I loved that it was all about the happy couple and THEIR friends. I was happy to find out that there was one beef item on the menu for those who did not relish the vegan & gluten-free fare. (Chelsea medically has to eat gluten-free products)

I love Vera Wang couture but I did not like the bottom of Chelsea's dress. From what I saw of Hillary's Oscar de la Renta dress ..... at least it was not a pants suit. lol

President Clinton looked older, trim, and proud to be squiring his daughter down the aisle.

All the wedding speculation is over, thank God. My personal opinion is that couples who have been living together a long time should not be having a HUGE wedding, but that is just me. I'm glad the happy couple did it THEIR way, and now they can get back to their everyday lives of living together.

#206686 - 08/09/10 07:33 PM Re: Chelsea & Marc Wed [Re: Josie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I hate to say it but I didn't believe in sex before marriage back when I was a young girl and still don't. Well at least they didn't have a baby first before marrying as many many do today. I don't condemn couples who do live together and then get married but it is to me like eating pizza everyday for a year and then winning some huge prize only to find out it is free pizza for life. See the lack of excitement that would be experienced.

I remember being hot (I wasn't dead) for Eddie for the two years we were together before marriage but we abstained and when he finally undressed me on our wedding night and for the five years afterwards we were together, it was constant fireworks each time... I will never forget that and it's too bad more women and men don't experience it.

#206738 - 08/12/10 12:26 PM Re: Chelsea & Marc Wed [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

I agree Chatty. I know someone who has teenage girls and has
them on the pill. Those girls are foolin' around and the
excitement of getting married isn't even an issue. It seems like they're gonna miss the best part of a lasting relationship, if they even have one.

#206910 - 08/17/10 06:55 PM Re: Chelsea & Marc Wed [Re: chatty lady]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
I have to agree with you. Once you have had sex with one or more guys before that special one comes along, I think something special has gotten lost in the translation.

I have come to accept that many couples live together before getting married, but what I find almost comical is when they plan that BIG FANCY LARGER-THAN-LIFE wedding, as if they had never lived together for years. Wouldn't it be much more practical for these people to have a small family affair and save all that money to purchase a house or start a savings plan?

#206933 - 08/17/10 10:37 PM Re: Chelsea & Marc Wed [Re: Josie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well if it isn't, it should be. The bloom is off the rose, so to speak...

#206947 - 08/18/10 12:42 PM Re: Chelsea & Marc Wed [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Ever notice instances where people living together for years, finally go through a huge expensive wedding, only to separate shortly after getting married. What's up with that? Somehow getting legally hitched, undoes the bonding? I don't get it.

Edited by jabber (08/18/10 12:43 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved