The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 157 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#20627 - 09/12/05 09:13 PM Is it me or what???
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Just a question, please. Is it me or what???

Last two weeks, I have been having major hot flashes that then turn into cold chills. During the same two weeks my blood pressure is higher than normal, plus I cry at any & everything, feel depressed, aching & sore. No energy!

Other weeks I feel fatique, moody etc., lack of sleep. Hot flashes are pretty much the norm always.
Sometimes, I just feel like the old me.

Whatever I feel seems to cycle around together, does that make any sense?
Really dislike the cycle I'm in right now...have to push myself to do everything. [Frown]

Does anyone else experience this?

Times like this would really like to have my mom around.

#20628 - 09/12/05 11:57 PM Re: Is it me or what???
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Brenda, I have been having the same problems only in addition I'm a total flake. Reading Suzzane Summers book "The Sexy Years" helped me understand what was going on and how I could feel better.

Good luck!
Daisygirl

#20629 - 09/13/05 01:31 AM Re: Is it me or what???
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
It's not just you my friend, its WHAT, and the what here is Menopause. First your feeling hot, then your feeling cold, you can't sleep then can't stay awake I'm told. Sing these words to the tune of 'Do the Hokee Pokee.' LOL This too shall pass but its a b-witch when its happening....

[ September 12, 2005, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#20630 - 09/13/05 02:53 AM Re: Is it me or what???
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Brenda, you mentioned the face acne in another forum...I think it's all part of the big "M". I went through a few months of hot flashes and chills awhile back, but then I read that cutting out "white" foods can sometimes help alleviate those. We've completely cut out white bread, white pasta, and have cut way back on white rice. It seems to have made a difference. I haven't had a serious hot flash since the change in diet.

It doesn't do anything for the acne, unfortunately!

#20631 - 09/13/05 03:40 AM Re: Is it me or what???
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sometimes when a serious erruption seems eminent take an aspirin and crush it, mix with warm water and apply slve like mixture to the pimple. Leave it for a couple of hours and it should take care of it...

#20632 - 09/13/05 05:56 AM Re: Is it me or what???
yepthatsme2 Offline

Honostly, somedays it feels like these symptoms just takes over your entire being.
You get to a point and wonder if you are ever gonna feel better.
Eagle Heart, definately will try cutting the "white" foods and see how that works. We eat alot of pasta & rice.
Put a new ac/heat pump in this spring...that baby pumps some cold air. Hang right over the vent when the hot flash hits, then if it rolls into the chill I'm wrapped in a blanket.
People in this house, can be found wearing jackets and sweaters, complaining of the cold. [Eek!]
Face is a bit better this week, running around last with facial mask and Mary Kay acne cream.
Never heard of the aspirin salve but you can better believe I will try it, come next breakout.
Probably help alot if I could stay out of the candy bag, just a total crave some days...ok most days. Know it's not good, but I can't help myself, especially since I quit smoking.......
Much thanks for the suggestions, will try!
"Do the Hokee Pokee and turn yourself around...that's what it's all about."

#20633 - 09/13/05 06:07 AM Re: Is it me or what???
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm trying the aspiring salve right now. My blotchy spot was burning and itchy, but as soon as I put the salve on an hour ago, the itchiness went away. So that's a good sign. I'll wash it off before going to bed and then try again throughout the day tomorrow and let y'all know how it's working. Thanks Chatty!

#20634 - 09/14/05 07:06 AM Re: Is it me or what???
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Brenda, you mention having your mom around. I can totally relate to that. I didn't start this perimenopause stuff until after she died. I would give anything to sit and chat with her about all this. Often times I feel guilty because I had no clue what she was going through when her five kids were teens. I wish I had paid more attention. I also wish I'd shown her more love and compassion, but I was busy doing the teen thing.

#20635 - 09/14/05 01:45 AM Re: Is it me or what???
yepthatsme2 Offline

Dotsie, think most of us who are missing our moms wish we had spent more time talking & just being close.
Strangest thing, she called me a week before she died and told me she was going to be with the Lord.
She had cut back on alot of her medicines, without letting anyone know. Dad had been cut back on hours at work.
Week later she died, alone on the kitchen floor, heart attack.
Think at the time you never truly believe they will leave you, or want to believe. Or, even believe when they tell you they are leaving.
If, I had of believed....maybe things would have been different.

Worried and prayed about that for years, then one night....

I had a dream, saw her sitting under a huge oak tree reading from a book to several children that sat around her. Sheer peace upon her face, looked to be in her early 20's.
My grandmother stood behind her to the left, smiling. Uncle Richard was sitting upon a low hanging branch, with that wonderful smile of his. Peaceful feeling..... they all were alive and well.

Thinking back...mom would always clam up when you were talking about sex, almost like she didn't hear you talking.
Often wonder, if she would have done the same with the menopause issue.
Do any of you remember your first period and how your mom explained it to you?
Mine had already purchased a box of tampax and pads, they were still in the brown paper bag. Told me to just read the instuctions in the box. [Roll Eyes]
Mother Nature came on a Friday, just happened to be a slumber party at a girlfriend's across the street.

Never made the party.

Brenda [Smile]

#20636 - 09/15/05 07:19 AM Re: Is it me or what???
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm wondering if menopause is causing my lack of attention. I was walking out of my bedroom while reading something and hit the door jamb. It threw me off balance and I fell on a small table. Once again, just like the trash can incident I'm bruised. My shoulders are killing me. I think I need to go to the doctor.

My mom didn't explain much about my first period but just got me pads and showed me how to use them. I've never heard her say anything about menopause but we haven't been very close. She'd probably tell me to just get over it.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved