The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#20597 - 09/06/05 07:03 AM Do the pants go on my head??
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Do the pants go on my head? Yes, the pants will need to go on my head, if my face keeps breaking out.
My face didn't break out this much as a teenage.
Suppose it could be much worse. Read an article on formication yesterday. Thank goodness I haven't had that symptom.

Brenda

#20598 - 09/06/05 07:39 AM Re: Do the pants go on my head??
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Brenda, I posted on that exact same topic a few months ago. Got lots of great ideas, especially Chatty's suggestion to use olive oil on my face - it does help, but not when the acne is really bad, as in burning hot and itchy. Unfortunately, despite trying various ideas, the acne continues to be an embarrassing problem.

I did go to the dermatologist and get a prescription for a face lotion, but even it doesn't appear to solve the problem. I've tried eliminating various foods from my diet, including fluoride, red peppers, cola drinks, hot spices and caffeine, and that sometimes appears to alleviate some of the pimples. But the random disappearance and appearance of the rash makes it impossible to pinpoint any one cause. The red blotchiness just doesn't respond to any one thing consistently.

The only pattern I've noticed recently is that it's worse just before my period and goes away when I actually have my period. So for about four days of the month, my face is relatively clear.

That makes me suspect now that it's hormonal. Which hopefully means it might disappear post-menopause.

[ September 05, 2005, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#20599 - 09/05/05 10:39 PM Re: Do the pants go on my head??
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Seems, like the olive oil would have the opposite effect, but at this point I'm willing to try just about anything. Even applied a smidge of caladryl to each site.
So bad, the kids have noticed and took to kidding. Not good!
Bad part is, I can't remember the last time I had a monthly....scary.

Brenda

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved